How do +Ability Power items work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomb in lasagna

10-03-2009

Let's say that I put a Rylai's Scepter on Corki. This item adds +80 Ability Power. What would this actually do?

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2009

It buffs your spells by a different amount.
The amount is different cause some spells have different ratio 0.6:1 1:1 etc.

So basically it will increase the damage of your spell ability by 80 or less depending on the ability power ratio of the spell.

Bomb in lasagna

10-03-2009

So the damage of Corki's ultimate would also go up?

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2009

Yes.
Better go check some of the guides to see if there is a ability ratio of their spells to know the exact damage buff you would get.

Bomb in lasagna

10-03-2009

Awesome! Cause I am getting a little bored of just buying the recommended items. I want to try and make my own builds but I just need to make sure i understand what each buff means.

Sorry for another question but where can i find these guides? Would it just be on the Guides & Strategy board?

looney

10-03-2009

Well yes, here is a list of ''all" guides http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=4373
I couldn't find though what is the ratio.

By the way the recommended items is for beginners mainly.
There are very different items and style of play for a champion so you are free to experiment and find the one that suits you.

Bomb in lasagna

10-03-2009

Yep, I used to play Dota all the time so I understand that you can have different builds for each character. I just wanted to get used to playing a bunch of the characters before I started messing around with the items. Plus trying to figure out different items mid-game just wastes time so I've been looking up stuff out of game. So now i think I'm ready to try different stuff and build champions how I want =)

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

10-03-2009

When you hover over a skill, there's a number in parentheses (+0) if you have 0 AP; this number changes as your AP goes up to reflect the bonus damage that skill gets from AP. Some skills have no AP scaling. Look for the parentheses.