Greivances with current Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BNETTER

07-05-2010

I think that this might be you. You have trouble finding full premades and your a good well rounded player. Your bad allies cause you to lose nearly 75 of the games you play because the current system matches you on just an ELO system. Now take into account if you were wondering how they got there. Take player "A" as an example. Player A is a well liked guy and a highly skilled player. lets say he solo queue and and wins 4 games and loses one. The one game he loses the players he happens to lose against are high ELO and the games he win are comprised of people in mid tier eLO and 2 afkers and 1 feeder. Lets take player B now. Player B is also a respectable well liked individual and he queues solo as well. Now just by random chance and not a difference on skill, Individual B loses 3 of his games and beats player A in the fourth game with 4 high ELO teammates. Player B digs himself into a hole while Player A joins the high ELO community. IDK if anyone else finds that sometimes by sheer chance rather than skill, people can be high ELO and other people can be bad. You dont get better by Pubstomping and by solo queing you get screwed.

Player A likes the current system has more influence in the community, likes the current system, and gets to play on the championship team.

Player B gets screwed, still is skilled, hates the ELO system, and can be 100 wins positive without getting anywhere.

The problem is noone cares what player B has to say because his word is nothing compared to player A.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed something similar and has complaints of their own.

Thanks,
Bnetter

H4MBURGERS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

Law of large numbers.

BNETTER

07-05-2010

It appears to be that way

IPlayForKeeps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

I'm a high Mundo player.

Shiny Carnage

Recruiter

07-05-2010

Well here is the thing. First of all I agree with you and secondly what else can Riot realistically do?

If they take the first 10 (6) people that clicked play and match them together it would be a s-h-i-t storm of epic proportions.

I have raged at the ELO system myself after an 11 loss solo queue streak (wasn't all bad players, some ragequits and some disconnects) but just as a point of reference sometimes the proposed 50/50 ratio goes out the door and there is nothing anyone can do.

It's been suggested that the only way to get out of the "pit" is to go premade, problem is I don't have a lot of time to play, thus no stable premades will take me.

Not much you can do but try and use constructive criticism when someone is dying one too many times ( I know, I know.............easier said than done) and hope for the best.

Not sure if I'll ever be out of the pit....................but here's to hoping.

BNETTER

07-06-2010

A large Elo penalty for afking, disconnects, etc if your team loses the game. That way intentional afking or etc can have their own ELO bracket at the bottom to save newbies from smurfs