Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Current Jungle; Double Jungle a Functional Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temper Wolf

12-03-2011

Ever since the new jungle updates have been released, the increased respawn rates of camps and their reduced strength has increased the potential of Double Jungling. But after several tests, it's become pretty clear that a new meta with double jungling at its core is what this new jungle will produce in the long run.

Now, in the older jungle - Double Jungling was possible but not recommended. This is because the camps spawned too slowly, and the experience points were better earned in a lane. Yet, the new jungle promotes Counter Jungling, which promotes Doubles Jungling.

Professional level teams may insist on taking this road, utilizing a few new standards that will maximize overall experience points and force the enemy team into a more defensive posture.

So far I've noticed that some of the most successful approaches go by the following formula.

1 - Top Lane
(1) - Top Jungle
1 - Mid Lane
(1) - Bot Jungle
1 - Bot Lane

1. Two Junglers with Smite, both junglers do not require mana to sustain themselves. One should be AoE, high DPS and the other should be a Single-Target sustain jungler.

2. Depending on your team's color, certain junglers take certain routes. Were your team blue, the AoE High DPS junglers would take the Bot-Lane Jungle and utilize their quick abilities to burn through 2 Camps & Red buff an proceed to enemy jungle to take out wolves normally.

3. Note that warding the enemy Blue Buff is always a great way to begin, as a AoE jungler doesn't need a lot of potions and can start with Boots, 1 Ward, and 1 Potion and should be fine. This will help your team control the buff.

4. The Sustain Jungler should take Top-Lane jungler if you are blue team, because they will have to proceed into the enemy jungle more often and need a high level of HP to ensure they stay alive. Also should be packing Flash or Exhaust get away. Dropping a ward at many of the entrances will help the jungler choose which escape route to take when middle or top comes to aid their jungler in danger.

5. Since your team is sending two people into the jungle, you will either encounter 1 or 2 junglers on the enemy team. This will lead to some very-very early battles, and it's a good idea to not have anyone who depends on Blue Buff so it doesn't hurt your team greatly if you lose the buff in a battle.

6. Typically it's a good idea for both junglers to gank often. Since your team has two junglers, ganks can come more often and more violently. Enemy teams may be pushing harder since they may have more people in lane, leaving them weaker to more frequent ganks - even if they ward.

7. If the enemy has only 1 jungler, then they will not be able to stop 2 junglers constantly visiting the jungle. The best time to do it is between level 1 and 2, because the enemy jungler may get weak after you encounter 1 jungler and proceed into the other part of the jungle beyond the turrets. There, your team mate can finish the job of ganking while the enemy jungler is weak and still insisting on trying to jungle.

8. Eventually your lanes will begin to out level everyone, and your junglers can keep ganking repeatedly. If the enemy team only has 1 jungler, that player has likely been totally shut down and forced into a lane. Leaving the jungle to be absolutely dominated by 1 one team who will gain early and complete map control in probably less than 10 minutes.

9. Warding can help to counter this effort, but also a good double jungling crew has also warded the enemy jungle too to ensure they see where danger will be coming from. Typically those who do not need blue buff can afford a lot of wards pretty early in order to gain the upper hand.

10. Top and Bot lane can be tanky or tanky DPS, while mid lane can be either AP or AD ranged DPS. Those in jungle will be DPS or Tanky DPS. No support exists in this meta, but a support may try to hold a lane as long as they constantly heal themselves to endure the punishment of the lane without taking in farm. Likely a good pick for bottom lane, so they can aid junglers who come down to gank when bot lane pushes because of little resistance. Since bottom lane will have its own jungler, ganks will come much more frequently.

Trust me, try it. It works, and works really-really well right now. A bit -too- well if you ask me.

Polaritie

Recruiter

12-03-2011

Double jungle versus double jungle. How does that play out?

Temper Wolf

12-03-2011

I'd love to find out, but no one will ever put together a test for it. It's starting to annoy me, people don't test on the bloody test server.

Gathering

12-03-2011

You're awfully irritable when it comes down to testing. Ragequitting during a test because you failed to get a potent jungler? That's not nice.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

12-03-2011

What happens to the carry bot? They'll have to run a tanky dps bot prob then instead, aka singed or even cho'gath which will hopefully still be able to farm without getting rocked by the 2v1 comp. In the end, u will probably have no range DPS champs, cuz they typically need baby sitting the most.

I'm up to try it myself, but I doubt it'll be effective, but its open to change.

I find new jungle allows either top lane to take double golems and bot lane on other team to take their double golems unless their jungler starts there. But if he starts blue, double golems will be up.

Hero of Piltover

12-04-2011

Quote:
Gathering:
You're awfully irritable when it comes down to testing. Ragequitting during a test because you failed to get a potent jungler? That's not nice.

Yeah, this guy got pissed at me because I'm not awesome at jungle Lee Sin, even though he told me to play him.

UnstableEagle

Recruiter

12-04-2011

This is brilliant. I'm trying this with a group of friends soon.

ShaShouX

12-06-2011

perhaps only 1 of them carries smite?
but both should be able to clear jungle without it

it would cause for some decent ganks, but they would be severely underlevelled...

DreamsOfGrandeur

12-06-2011

Only thing I dislike is how you assume the solos have to be tanky-dps.

Supports are totally capable of solo'ing; Soraka especially. Some casters can handle 1v2 as well; they only need the exp, the farm is second priority.
It's just a matter of building and playing for the part, and knowing how to handle it.

The trickiest part is preparing for 1v2 lanes.

KnightCheckmate

Recruiter

12-08-2011

I actually tried this with a nocturne volibear combo. It's okay, but extremely dangerous and requires the other lanes to be solo lanes, which not a lot of champions can do