Sivir viable now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

12-05-2011

The only reason I would consider Manamune is if I had something better to spend my Yellow/Blue rune slots and 8 mastery points on. Currently that's what's sustaining my mana just fine, and I find more benefit of having a free item slot than having those runes/masteries used up.

Also, being able to start with a Doran's Blade increases your damage output significantly...as opposed to Meki + 2x health pots...health pots were recently nerfed BTW. So if you can find a combination of non-mana regen runes/masteries that outweigh the benefits of starting Doran's Blade and having a non-mana regen item slot late game, I'll consider Manamune.

Syrant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2011

Lane with Soraka. Mana problems solved and you can boomerang their face off all day.

FaerellG

12-05-2011

I'd rather lane with Taric, or someone else with a hard disable that will guarantee me double hits on my BB.

Syrant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I'd rather lane with Taric, or someone else with a hard disable that will guarantee me double hits on my BB.
Boomerang travels really fast now, imo. If you get them on the first hit there's a 80% chance they'll get hit by the second. I'd prefer a large volume of accurate harass over having to conserve for precious few, and as such one hit can still wreck any bot lane w/o sustain.

FaerellG

12-05-2011

I'd also prefer not to be pidgeonholed into relying on my laning partner being Soraka. Not that Soraka isn't good, but not everyone in my group can play her. There's also the issue of ranked picks...I simply may not have Soraka on my team.

Additionally, I'd take consistency over "just having more" any day. BB does travel rather quickly now, but dodging it is still pretty easy...or just stand behind minions so the damage is blunted by minions first. With a hard disable, you have time to position around rather than rely on your opponent being stupid. I find most strategies that rely on opponent mistakes to be bad ones. I prefer strategies that rely on my (or my team's) capability to succeed rather than my opponent's ability to fail.

Syrant

Recruiter

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I'd also prefer not to be pidgeonholed into relying on my laning partner being Soraka. Not that Soraka isn't good, but not everyone in my group can play her. There's also the issue of ranked picks...I simply may not have Soraka on my team.

Additionally, I'd take consistency over "just having more" any day. BB does travel rather quickly now, but dodging it is still pretty easy...or just stand behind minions so the damage is blunted by minions first. With a hard disable, you have time to position around rather than rely on your opponent being stupid. I find most strategies that rely on opponent mistakes to be bad ones. I prefer strategies that rely on my (or my team's) capability to succeed rather than my opponent's ability to fail.
You're definitely in the correct mindset, and I appreciate that. It's very true that Soraka won't always fit into a team-comp, Sivir or not. But I'd rather have than have not, ya know?

FaerellG

12-05-2011

I probably also still have holdovers with how Sivir used to be played as well, hence my mana conservation.