Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir viable now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

12-03-2011

Quote:
FaerellG:
I'm running 22/0/8 masteries with the 8 in util focused on Mana regen, also my Blue/Yellow runes are scaling Mana Per 5.

Normally, the actual DPSing in fights would be a problem, but you're sivir and you have Ricochet on short CD and your BB is only 5-6 seconds too once you get all the CDR items.

So you're spamming it fairly consistently...your auto attacks are also encouraged via black cleaver.

Cait only has 1 real burst damage ability so she needs to go more traditional ranged AD.

Edit: Early game I do run OOM quite a bit, but once the scaling blues/yellows kick in it stops being a problem. It just means in early game I'm a bit more conservative. Use auto attacks and the passive to help chase, only launch a BB if it's a guaranteed hit or likely to kill. Laning with a partner who has CC is amazing. It's almost unfair the amount of burst a Sivir + AP Sion combo can dish out.

Yeah, I can see why it would be better on Sivir. At the time it was just a for funsies experiment to turn Caitlyn into Nidalee 2.0. Too bad those 3 second cooldown Piltovers gobbled up the mana too fast :/

I'll definately give this a try some time. Sounds like it could be pretty strong.

EndlessAnguish

12-04-2011

IMO I don't think you even need your banshees. Positing will win you games because she's so strong.

GaryHo321

12-04-2011

Sivir is incredibly strong at the moment. She has the highest damage output of any other AD carry, and offers excellent team utility with her ult. Landing a Q early in laning phase is devastating if they don't have a sustaining support.

NavyDivea

12-04-2011

Not bad I guess but I like Robin Sekia's build better

Lucidity,manamune,BT,brutalizer,BT,BT or boots, mune, BT, FH, BT, BV

Spazie

12-04-2011

She is viable. Actually, to me she is pretty darn strong.

Feel free to check out this in-depth video guide that I made on how to play the new Sivir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-84uFGK6yQ&feature=channel_video_title

Cheers ♥

MichelIe Obama

12-04-2011

She's actually really good now. I run a 21/8/1 mastery page and a standard AD carry rune page. Then I use colbycheeze's build:

Berserker's Greaves
Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
(situational defensive item)
Infinity Edge

Actually it works wonders oddly enough. You just barely cap your attack speed with your ult on, so you push like a monster.

FaerellG

12-04-2011

Quote:
EndlessAnguish:
IMO I don't think you even need your banshees. Positing will win you games because she's so strong.

BV is situational. It depends on how good the opponents are. It also depends on what types of abilities they have for you to spell shield.

If they have several "instant" whammies like Cho and Garen. You might want to pack BV. It's a very easy trick to block their ults. They'll usually do something to "poke off" the shield first. (Feral Scream, Decisive strike) and immediately follow it up with their execute maneuver. So as soon as you see your BV shield go down, activate Spell Shield.

Obviously, if your opponents suck, pick up another damage item. However, I generally assume that my opponents are good.

Tehwubz

12-04-2011

been having fun with 2 phantom dancers and boots of speed.

guardian angel seems to be the best defensive item, regardless of the build im experimenting with.

EMeta

12-05-2011

No one has said manamune yet, and that's what I figured would be all the rage. Quick procs for tear before the upgrade, enough mana to keep spitting out the ricochets, and frees up your runes for other stuff. Does it just not work in practice?

Cenerae

12-05-2011

Quote:
EMeta:
No one has said manamune yet, and that's what I figured would be all the rage. Quick procs for tear before the upgrade, enough mana to keep spitting out the ricochets, and frees up your runes for other stuff. Does it just not work in practice?

Manamune isn't necessary, provided you use your spells intelligently.

It could be useful as a 'training wheels' item for Sivir beginners, but you just don't need that much mana late game unless you're incredibly reckless with boomerang blades. Using spells to make them count will solve that, meaning you free up an item slot to use on something more useful.

There are people out there that stalwartly defend the use of Manamune on her, but the rest of us prefer to get the most out of champs, and that means not bogging them down with mana items unless they really need it.