Sivir viable now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drogonno Dragner

12-03-2011

full ashe style?

inf edge
phant dancer
bloodthirster
black clearer?
with banshee?

FaerellG

12-03-2011

Yes, she's viable, though I haven't played her with the build you've described.
I play her without any attack speed. Instead, I load up on AD, ArmorPen, and max out my Cooldown Reduction.

SparrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

She is. She is a little different from traditional ranged AD tho. I dont do big crit on her and focus more on atk speed, lifesteal and utility items. Try Zerker boots, wriggles, startks, BT, Defense, BT.

Cenerae

12-03-2011

I've had a lot of sucess the few times I've used her so far, but I focus more on raw AD than anything else, given she already has a long lasting AS buff from her ult.

The most sucessful build I've had so far was zerkers, wriggles (I laned with no healer that game), infinity edge, bloodthirster, guardian angel, phantom dancer, and then selling the wriggles for last whisper. Boomerangs hit like a truck and I could take better advantage of the 'double tap' from using ricochet, while still having high dps in teamfights without the dancer due to the ult AS buff.

FaerellG

12-03-2011

I just tried a "hybrid" version between consistant and burst damage.
The full build was:
Ionians, Bloodthirster, Trinity Force, Youmuu's, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper.

BB on such a short cooldown makes people not want to get near you. In team fights, spam both ricochet and BB as often as possible. Before initiation, poke aggressively with BB...poke with Rico if they get too close or if they're out of position.

It worked out pretty nicely, but my burst isn't what it could have been, and I probably shouldn't have built Last Whisper considering I got both Youmuu's and Black Cleaver giving static armor pen...not to mention my Armor Pen Marks too.

BB would effectively destroy anyone who wan't a tank. easily 1/3rd of their health on a solid hit. 1/2 against the enemy's squishy cait. I think I'm becoming a fan of Trinity Force on Sivir.

Cenerae

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I just tried a "hybrid" version between consistant and burst damage.
The full build was:
Ionians, Bloodthirster, Trinity Force, Youmuu's, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper.

BB on such a short cooldown makes people not want to get near you. In team fights, spam both ricochet and BB as often as possible. Before initiation, poke aggressively with BB...poke with Rico if they get too close or if they're out of position.

It worked out pretty nicely, but my burst isn't what it could have been, and I probably shouldn't have built Last Whisper considering I got both Youmuu's and Black Cleaver giving static armor pen...not to mention my Armor Pen Marks too.

BB would effectively destroy anyone who wan't a tank. easily 1/3rd of their health on a solid hit. 1/2 against the enemy's squishy cait. I think I'm becoming a fan of Trinity Force on Sivir.
Interesting idea - I did something like this on Caitlyn once or twice and found it to be really effective at pokes, but not that great at actually dpsing in fights.

However, the problem I had with that build was that mana became a huge problem. Given how mana hungry Sivir is, I can't see it being any better for her. :|

FaerellG

12-03-2011

I'm running 22/0/8 masteries with the 8 in util focused on Mana regen, also my Blue/Yellow runes are scaling Mana Per 5.

Normally, the actual DPSing in fights would be a problem, but you're sivir and you have Ricochet on short CD and your BB is only 5-6 seconds too once you get all the CDR items.

So you're spamming it fairly consistently...your auto attacks are also encouraged via black cleaver.

Cait only has 1 real burst damage ability so she needs to go more traditional ranged AD.

Edit: Early game I do run OOM quite a bit, but once the scaling blues/yellows kick in it stops being a problem. It just means in early game I'm a bit more conservative. Use auto attacks and the passive to help chase, only launch a BB if it's a guaranteed hit or likely to kill. Laning with a partner who has CC is amazing. It's almost unfair the amount of burst a Sivir + AP Sion combo can dish out.

breadbocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

Sivir is Really, Really, Easy (TM). Rush Zerks, then Bloodthirster, then PD, then 3 more BTs, then replace boots with another PD.

BendyBread

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrZ View Post
She is. She is a little different from traditional ranged AD tho. I dont do big crit on her and focus more on atk speed, lifesteal and utility items. Try Zerker boots, wriggles, startks, BT, Defense, BT.
Pretty much. Not to mention that she is Sivir, and still excels at pushing waves and taking towers.

acosn

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelaticbirdy View Post
full ashe style?

inf edge
phant dancer
bloodthirster
black clearer?
with banshee?
She's better than what she used to be. She's still near the bottom of the pile in terms of AD carries but she's occupying the better part of the "Viable versus not viable" argument.

I got no idea why they decided that boomerang blade couldn't scale to both AP and AD.

E is still pretty yawn inducing. Block a spell, get free mana. Nocturne gets a free dagger at rank one of it, and for every spell he blocks he gets double the attack speed bonus. In terms of "gold saved" Sivir would have to block 10.5 spells to get an equal amount of gold saved. And that's off rank one. And we're still talking about mana here.

R just baffles me. I don't understand why a carry gets an aura, and one of the most niched auras in the game. At most two people on your team will like it (that includes yourself) simply because most people don't really need attack speed, and when you already have one auto-attack centric AD carry generally you don't want to double up.

CDR is now valuable for sivir- ricochet every 1.8 seconds lets her burst like a fiend.

Attack speed isn't as valuable as it used to be. You don't really want berzerker greaves anymore, and items like Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and Youmuu's ghostblade are your main source of attack speed; you don't want attack speed dumps, you want something more substantial with attack speed on the side.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Sivir/?items=117,104,60,28,81,79&runes=36,36,36,36,36,36 ,36,36,36,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,16,16,16,16,1 6,16,16,16,16,44,44,44&masteries=13004004100130301 00000000000000000031031001000000&level=18

Is a pretty basic build for her. There's some juggling you can do with masteries and runes but the main priority is getting as close to the CDR cap as possible in as few items as possible. Plan ahead; if you don't intend to buy boots of lucidity you'll want runes and masteries set up to cover that loss.

The "core" build for sivir is Merc treads, Infinity Edge, Trinity Force.

Alternatively if you wanted to be an annoying little **** for the other team to deal with
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Sivir/?items=70,105,114,16,28,29&runes=36,36,36,36,36,36 ,36,36,36,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,16,16,16,16,1 6,16,16,16,16,85,85,85&masteries=13004000100000000 01324301000030310000000000000000&level=18
works wonders too.