Nidalee - Fear the Wild! (AP/Lich Bane guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGotta

08-14-2010

Personally, I play a AD nidalee because my team usually need a right click hero that can put out alot of damage fast and nidalee sure can do that
And most importantly you want to be in ranged form for a fight till you can start chasing heroes cause if your playing against a decent group of players they will burst you down in a matter of seconds

7 000 000 000

11-02-2010

great guide i'll try this once i get my runes....
Thanks

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Semi-necro here,

Have a few questions. Lich Bane, Sheen have a cooldown period right? So you really arent gonna be getting that many procs with it. Sure you proc it like crazy and I agree that it is a solid nuke, but it does have a cooldown.

Also, Im curious about Rageblade. I love it and think it is great but if you really look at it, much of its value comes from its attack damage and attack speed. Neither of which you consider to be good.
Nashers is considered to be bad but all it wastes is the Attack Speed and is very efficient with CDR, AP, and the mana regen.

Rageblade = 2200 gold.
93AP = 1860 gold worth.
35AD = 1400 gold worth.
32AS = 800 gold worth.

I would think that a Deathcap would be preferable for a pure AP build like this. For 3300 gold you are getting 185AP at the very minimum. With its 30% boost, you will typically get a little more and lategame a LOT more.

Its amazing how much people hate Dorans equipment. I think the rings are awesome.
For 435 gold you get...
250 gold worth of Health
240 gold worth of MP regen.
300 gold worth of AP.

I like getting 3 of em! Since I drop traps I dont really buy wards. With the 3 slots left, I get boots and eventually upgrade em to sorc shoes, and then get say a Deathcap. And then a Lich Bane. That is good for the first 9200 gold of the game which is a long time and gives me a lot of quick benefits.

If it drags out, I can sell a dorans and lose a whopping 143 gold and buy a Rylais or whatever to replace it. Ditto with the rest.

Narnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

The reason Rageblade is core on Nidalee is that she can keep the 8 stacks up at all times with her pounce and other abilities. Essentially Rageblade is close to the value of an Infinity Edge on Nidalee, for roughly half the cost. The value of the item for her is just incredible. Also, her auto attacks (which are a good part of her damage) and her Takedown (cougar Q, her primary damage) scale with AD and are physical, not magical. Thus, why many people take armor pen runes over magic pen runes. Magic pen only affects Spear, Pounce and Swipe.

However, most of her abilities scale with AP...all of them in fact except Takedown. So AP scales better late game. Which is why people recommend Rageblade -> Sheen -> AP -> Lichbane -> more AP with a sprinkling of defensive items as appropriate so you can pounce into a couple people and not immediately die. Also remember that Nidalee's advantage is the largest in mid game. Cougar skills level off your ultimate, not the corresponding Q/W/E (those only rank up the HUMAN skills). Levels 6 and 11 are her peak moments. Try to gank with her as much as possible mid-game using your superior mobility.

IMO, one Doran's ring plus meditation mastery is probably enough to sustain your mana. Cougar spells don't use mana, and once you hit level 6 you spend quite a lot of time in cougar. Giving your mana plenty of time to regenerate. Get mana seals if you want a little extra...though I think dodge seals are pretty darn good on any melee DPS (which cougar is). With a 0/9/21 masteries, you can pickup nimbleness as well which combined with your passive makes you very fast to chase or escape even without ghost. Plus any melee DPS needs a little bit of beef to stay alive as mentioned, unless your name is Tryndamere. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a fan of Dorans items. If you are struggling early, its not a bad buy. I personally wouldnt always buy them though.

Oh and wards...even Nidalee should buy wards. Bushwack traps are visible and do not reveal nearby units, only units that step on the trap (which it is pretty easy to see on the ground, except in a bush). Good at choke points though and in the brush of course. Or in front of Baron/Dragon's lair.

Warrrrax

01-17-2011

What about CDR items? I start with 15% from rune/masteries or close to it. Pounce is a static 3 sec, but due to the low AP ratio of Swipe and no AP ratio of Q, wouldnt it seem like a 25% CDR would equate to almost a 30% dps increase from these abilities?

Plus being able to heal faster would seem to be a good thing. And more traps.

The problem is Nashers Tooth is expensive and the AS isnt all that useful relative to other things. Fiendish Codex is strong but it only upgrades to Nashers or Deathfire. I wouldnt think Glacial Armor would be good either except lategame.

YOu might be right. Maybe I should spend less mana early on during laning and rely on my runes and cougar to pick up the slack midgame+. Maybe I need better teammates that dont rely on my healing so much.