Nidalee - Fear the Wild! (AP/Lich Bane guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
Counterpoints:
-You can't always solo mid, especially if you're solo queuing.
-While you do farm fairly well, you should never depend on farming up a storm. Often that will come at your team's expense, and many games end much before then.
-Primal Surge is good for resilience and pushing (hence why I get 2 levels of it early,) but you need the offensive threat of Javelin, otherwise they aren't pressured at a range. Primal Surge is still useful with even a mere 2 ranks in it. If you're getting harassed like a hot girl in a ghetto, then Primal Surge is definitely more important. Otherwise, at least alternate between Javelin and Primal Surge.
That's quite strange, providing I do like 80% solo queue and the moment I click Nidalee, I write "mid" in chat. And I can honestly say I've never met any offense cuz of me at mid. Some1 said it at other threads, Nidalee is best exp-scaling champion, you wanna get lvl advantage and keep it.
I think you tend to forget that Primal Surge at rank 5 gives you epic 60% atkspd. That means at lvl like 7-8, you can melt mid tower to half, if the enemy happens to recall or gets ganked. Also, Javelin is quite expensive and flies relatively slow, therefore it's easily avoidable, especially at mid (you can't hide in bush etc.).
I'd have question also, how da hell can you mid againist Corki? I feel totally, but I mean totally useless :/ His autoatk hurts, has much longer range than mine, not to mention gatling/missiles when I try to kill minions ramming my tower.
And one lil' tip at start for mid againist Karthus: just go for him! His Lay Waste does lil' dmg and primal surge + autoatk can get him easily to half hp, before he realizes. Then just keep some pressure until he gets defile, back off till lvl 6 and finish it :]

Elyselle

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
I don't have the numbers crunched because, frankly, it would be a lot of math to compare AP to an AD/AP Hybrid build. Maybe I will crunch the numbers some time. Anyway a hybrid build could do more damage (again, I don't have the math) for a few reasons.

1. Your auto attacks actually do something against Champions without needing your Sheen/Lichbane/Trinity buff up. The way I build the AD/AP hybrid involves a lot of AS just because of the items you buy to maximize effectiveness. I don't stack it. YOu can get a lot of uptime with auto attacks with a lot of AS because you have a higher chance to proc the Phage from Trinity (in a given time frame), or because you have Lizard. You can hit fairly hard with 50 ArP and Lizard, and they can't get away.

2. You get some AP from Ginsoo's and Trinity/Sheen. You end up with around 120 AP after you sell the Ring and have Ginsoo's + Trinity. Your Jav hits plenty hard, your Heal does fairly well, and your Cougar abilities get some scaling. Don't hink that Hybrid builds ignore AP, quite the opposite. They take advantage of AP but also AD to enhance Nidalee's whole toolkit.

3. Takedown. As AD it hurts, especially once you have Trinity and are getting 130% bonus AD. Again, I don't have the math, but I would wager that it would take a lot of AP to get Takedown as AP hitting harder that Takedown as AD. It may never happen with any realistic item build, but again, I don't have math.

The reason why I prefer a Hybrid build is simple: it enhances every part of Nidalee's toolkit. AP skips auto-attack and Takedown (ignoring Lich Bane of course). I have always seen AP as a bit of a "cart before the horse" situation. Instead of building to enhance the Champion, you are enhancing the Champion through a build. It may not make a lot of sense but think about it. That is not to say that AP is bad, not at all. It is actually quite good (don't anyone pull HotShot out of their ass, yes I know how he plays, but he isn't God), I just think that a Hybrid build has, in an all around situation, a tiny leg-up on AP.

You may feel like you have a useless Javelin, and that's because you do. It's true that it's real power comes out at ranks 4 and 5. However, both Primal Surge and Javelin Toss should be maxed by level 13. If you are soloing, which you should be, you should be 13 before 8 of the other 9 players in the game (unless there and junglers). As such, Jav should be maxed relatively quickly compared to other players, and the fact that Primal Surge is just so much more beneficial during the laning and roaming phases than Javelin (How often goes someone escape a gank with enough HP to survive a Javelin from a solo Nidalee, even if it isn't maxed? Not very often.), makes it an obvious choice for a level 9 maxed skill.
This

Priamos

07-07-2010

Good Nidalee guide. Since the recent buff to AP Nid builds, I play a pure AP build that works the following way.

Doran's Ring
Sorceror's Shoes
Sheen
Void Staff
Sheen --> Lich Bane

rather than using Guinsoo's Rageblade, but RBlade is also a good item.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-07-2010

Ap and Ad each have their advantages, to say that one is strictly better is ludicrous. Pros of each:

AP:
-High burst damage due to lichbane procs and high spear damage, with approximately the same damage from takedown.
-Excellent support due to a powerful heal that can be cast on the carry that buffs their attackspeed in addition to healing them.
AD:
-Higher overall DPS for a long combat.
-Less hit and miss due to enemies' ability to dodge the spear.
-Takes full advantage of Armor Pen.

I personally would rather have an AP nidalee to assist the carrying done by a hero who naturally buffs their damage output (jax, yi, tristana, corki), but if we're lacking a hard carry I certainly wouldn't mind a nidalee filling the roll if they don't want to outright change champions.

Destabilizator

07-07-2010

^ Another advantage is that Nidalee is underplayed, and at least in solo queue ppl think that your dmg is physical... Tanks not stacking MR is just gold mine

EnderA

07-24-2010

Bump.

EnderA

07-26-2010

Bump.

SoFFacet

07-27-2010

Idk about Rylai's @ 8.1k total gold. By that time you won't be adventuring in cougar form anymore, you'll be on spear/heal chucking duty in the back of team fights, not the best place for 500 HP or an ability triggered slow. Nashor's compliments that role much better.

peyo

07-27-2010

could you make a video of your game play?

EnderA

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Idk about Rylai's @ 8.1k total gold. By that time you won't be adventuring in cougar form anymore, you'll be on spear/heal chucking duty in the back of team fights, not the best place for 500 HP or an ability triggered slow. Nashor's compliments that role much better.
Depends on your team, but usually I like having CC on Nidalee, who lacks any real CC. 500 HP is very useful in combat, considering you're part-melee. A large portion of your DPS is cougar-form, so if you have that HP, it allows you to go Cougar in team-combat (in addition to Spear/Heal.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
could you make a video of your game play?
I suppose, but that will have to wait for quite a while. I haven't ever recorded my gameplay, in any game. I wish they implemented Replays.