Miniguide on how to properly play Urgot, the butcher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butterface

11-10-2010

Urgot is a very misunderstood hero, many people around LOL seem to think hes a "failed" hero...but your are very misinformed. Through these tips and possibly if anyone wants it ill write a full guide, im going to try and get you haters out there on the Urgot train.

Reccomended summoner abilities, these are put in my preference order

1) clarvoyance-this is used to keep your corrosive charge/acid hunter combo while the enemy is in bushes/or just get out of your sight range in a lane
2) teleport-blue pill and get back to the lane, easy
3) heal-pull tricks, staying in lane, ect..
4) ghost-excape/chase
5) exhause-combos nice with your ultimate pulling into a tower and exhausting is an insta kill early game

My reccomended item/skill build

Items: ok so first your going to start with a meki, and a two healing pots, you need the mana regeneration and also you will be turning this into a teardrop
1) teardrop- this is your bread and butter for this build, you need tons of mana to harass in lane, your abilities cost a small amount of mana but you [B]will[B] be spamming them like crazy
2) interviening locket- this gives you alot of support power, also you will literally never run out of mana
3) aegis-help out that team man, also gives you meat
4) turn that teardrop in a manamuse, by this time you have tons of mana and your acid hunter will hit like a ****ing tank

How to lane with urgot:

This should be your favorite part of the game, you will literally drive your enemy into the ground, forcing them to tower hug AND STILL HARASSING THEM by noxious/acid hunter combo (clarvoyance goes a long way here)

So how do i do this?

Well your going to farm in the lane until level 3 this is when the fun starts your going to start off hitting them with noxious charge ( one thing about this ability is that it is delayed, you have to aim it in the direction you think they are going to move...and if there not moving aim it right on top of them and youll hit it 95% of the time) so after you hit the enemy your going to get about 3 hits off your acid hunter, which against any caster/fragile carry should take anywere from 1/4 to even 1/2 their life away. You continue this strategy until you eventually gain control of the lane, which you will.

Now after you have control of the lane contrinue to do the same thing, zone them out of creeps harass the **** out of them, there is nothing they can do...now when you get your teardrop gold (should be 605 im guessing) your going to blue pill and teleport back...this is very important, you need to start building your mana base as early as possible, after you get this you should be able to lane indefinently

Farming: urgot is a very effiecient farmer, which he can chain into harassing with noxious charge, the creeps armor will be very low in which you either wait for them to be at 1/4 or lower and shoot an acid hunter at them or just autoattack killing them. Honestly not much to put here noxious charge helps you farm super efficiently.

I've got to go for the moment, probably add more later...if you have questions post here or add me on LOL ----- Butterface ----- and ill be glad to show you what i mean, kind of a hard playstyle to write out but im sure through practice people will start seeing the raw power of this honestly overpowered hero

FABIOForever

11-10-2010

You do NOT want to be buying any long term payoff items as Urgot, which goddess tear and manamune certainly are. You have to put everything you have into the short term early game. No amount of long term investment is going to make you not suck level 14+.

And why the locket on top of goddess tear? That's extreme mana overkill.

A much better mana/support item for him would be glacial shroud. You get the cooldown for Q, a better short term mana value than tear, and the ability to build into frozen heart which is going to do a lot more late game good for your team than manamune.

Boots + glacial shroud + brualizer is all you really need to worry about. By the time you can buy more than that you're pretty much obsolete. Try to build support items (frozen heart) after that because your days as a damage dealer are over.

Butterface

11-10-2010

I can see how you like glacial shroud which is a great item, brutilizer is also a good idea for a cd build, ill agree...but the one thing that urgot lacks or at least in the style i play is that i never want to run out of mana, also sure brutilizer may be great, but the armor penetration does not work off of acid hunter....the way i like to see urgot played is as a skirmisher, just sit back and constantly fire off acid hunter/noxious cox shots.

now the reason i like interviening locket is it scales well with the build, early/midgame you never run out of mana..and this is the time for laning, when urgot can really skirmirsh well which teams are just static standing far enough apart to not initiate with each other, or when they are protecting a tower...the locket helps you and your teammates keep pushes up through the mid game, aegis also helps with this lane pushing early on...now i also agree that urgot has to try to help his team end the game early...your damage fades out very fast, and these 2 items cost about 4k gold combined which any player can farm under 25 mins in a 5v5 which is when you can push and try to win

j3utcher

12-11-2010

Sorry to rain on your charade butterface, but i tried your build, and by endgame an urgot with 2.5k mana, dealing **** damage is pretty obsolete. Plus if you lane against any form of tank your pretty much useless early game, and that game i had 4 tanks in it. Costing only 40mana his Q will never need more then 1k mana in order to maintain fire, and no more then 20 regen per 5 seconds... which might already be too much.

feonixKing

01-17-2011

I am amazing with urgot and heres what i do:

Sum abiliyies : flash and teleport

Items: manamune
Merc treads
Yumus ghost blade
Bloodthrister
Infinity edge
Infinity edge