Ban Yorick, Kassadin, Rammus. The holy trinity of bans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Poppy just does what all assassins normally do, but really, REALLY fast. It's literally 1-2-dead for squishies. Full HP bar goes to zero in 2 seconds. That's why Poppy has the illusion of being unstoppable. However, it only works against squishies...it's a typical assassin dilemma.

Poppy is no different than a Talon or Leblanc, really. If you think Poppy is ban-worthy, why not ban Talon?
I do ban Talon if the other team knows how to ban. AD Poppy is way worse than AP Poppy btw, lifesteal + her passive(s) is hilariously broken.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Poppy just does what all assassins normally do, but really, REALLY fast. It's literally 1-2-dead for squishies. Full HP bar goes to zero in 2 seconds. That's why Poppy has the illusion of being unstoppable. However, it only works against squishies...it's a typical assassin dilemma.

Poppy is no different than a Talon or Leblanc, really. If you think Poppy is ban-worthy, why not ban Talon?
Talon is also ban worthy.
But Poppy is also tankier than Talon with her W and her passive...
She also does very well with Tri-Force, which gives her some life...
She can burst and she builds like an off-tank...

Kiddalee

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
... Rammus is countered by a coordinated team.
Backdoor Rammus is. What about Rammi who adapt and start tanking once you wise up to them? I don't think Rammus is OP, but you sound like backdoor Rammus is the only way to play him on Dominion.

FDru

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Backdoor Rammus is. What about Rammi who adapt and start tanking once you wise up to them? I don't think Rammus is OP, but you sound like backdoor Rammus is the only way to play him on Dominion.
A Rammus that's "just tanking" is not as useful as an Alistar or Blitz, I can tell you that right now.

His mobility is a huge asset and he should be using it. Not necessarily to backdoor, but to be everywhere. However this is countered in the same way as backdooring. You just need to adapt and be everywhere he is.

That's why he's annoying. Playing chase the Rammus sucks.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

I never have a problem fighting Yorick with Mao.

FDru

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
I never have a problem fighting Yorick with Mao.
How often do you take Yorick's turret as Mao?

Scrubsicle

12-03-2011

Yorick against a Maokai is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. The objective of the bottom player is to keep your turret safe. It's only an added bonus if you can take your opponent's turret as well.

FDru

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubsicle View Post
Yorick against a Maokai is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. The objective of the bottom player is to keep your turret safe. It's only an added bonus if you can take your opponent's turret as well.
The point I was making is that even his strongest counters can't win the lane.

Also, a stalemate should never be the goal of your bot laner.

Scrubsicle

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
The point I was making is that even his strongest counters can't win the lane.

Also, a stalemate should never be the goal of your bot laner.
It should never be the goal, but a stalemate should be the minimum that is expected. If I go an entire game against a Yorick and neither of us lose our towers, then we both did our jobs correctly.

TouchinMyself

12-03-2011

When i play Rammus i am constantly moving. I dont BD but i will hit their mid to split them then powerball to bot or WM to gank. Works very well, just have to have some map awareness.

What i cant stand is the rammus players that BD all game or go straight tank all game. Either way you miss out on what makes rammus great. He is a highly MOBILE TANK playing around just one of his strengths is stupid.