Ban Yorick, Kassadin, Rammus. The holy trinity of bans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

12-02-2011

Kassadin: because...yeah.

Yorick: because, um...yeah.

Rammus: People still haven't realized that he is a broken champion on Dominion - but not for the reasons most people think. It's not his awesome speed and backdooring that makes him powerful. It's his teamfight capability and initiation. Also, people STILL do not know how to build him correctly.

Y / N ?

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Not really; Kassadin is countered by a good tank, Yorick is 'countered' by Maokai (lol magical sap because of Yorick's ability spam.) as in Yorick won't immediatly take your bot tower, and Rammus is countered by a coordinated team.

Necks

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Not really; Kassadin is countered by a good tank, Yorick is countered by Maokai (lol magical sap), and Rammus is countered by a coordinated team.
LOL?

Yorick countered by sap?

Kassadin "countered" ...?

Coordinated pug team in solo queue?

k gtfo.

CaptainSoda

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Not really; Kassadin is countered by a good tank, Yorick is countered by Maokai (lol magical sap), and Rammus is countered by a coordinated team.
Yeah last time I checked a "coordinated team," is the counter to everything, yet champions still get nerfed.
Explain how this is possible.

Stez007

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
Yeah last time I checked a "coordinated team," is the counter to everything, yet champions still get nerfed.
Explain how this is possible.
Most champions aren't *hard* countered by coordination. Rammus (in Dominion) is the exception; without the threat of his mobility, he is a mediocre tank that only shines against heavy AD teams. Shut down his mobility and keep your APs around and he's no threat at all.

Personally I ban Kass, Ryze, Kog, Rammus, Yorick in order of priority. Rammus is usually always my third ban, though I try to get the enemy to ban him.

The Wrongsword

12-02-2011

While your reasoning is impeccable: "...yeah" , I'd still disagree with kass. Occassionally I'll see a good one who owns face but the majority of kassadin's are really bad. A lot just go full AP, port in somewhere take off half a tank's health and then die. A good poppy can be more of a pain cause she has hard cc, lots of burst, and can be extremely difficult to kill. If kass tries to build in defense he gives up rabadan's or his burst potential, whereas poppy gets a ridiculous amount of survivability from her abilities without building any items for it

Lameador

12-02-2011

Yes agree. and people claiming Yorick can be countered....sad. He can be hold off though. Like there are champs that make yorick not take bot every 3 minutes. Galio is one of them.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-02-2011

I try to post in every threads I can when someone says that Yorick is OP and can't be countered, to raise awareness (because I main Yorick...)
Try to get on of them on your team: Talon, Graves, Cassio, Kayle, Cait, Urgot, Malz.
Karthus, Ryze or Gragas can also transform the bot lane in a stalemate.
Maokai is fine I suppose, but not the best.
But I agree, is still worth a ban.
I don't play draft, and most of the time it's easy because no one takes a bot laner.
Some people posted here they wanted to change the meta, yet not everyone can understand the current meta ^^;

I also agree why Rammus is ban worthy, not because of the backdoor ****, but because of the taunt and the advantage he gives to your team.

Kass because he can transform fine champs into worthless **** (like Skarner).

I'd add Kog'Maw, Poppy and Sion.

Squidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Agreed with Yorick and Kassadin, but I'd ban Poppy over Rammus. Rammus can initiate on you and taunt one of your damagers. Poppy can initiate on you and instantly kill one of your damagers.

Stimuz

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
Agreed with Yorick and Kassadin, but I'd ban Poppy over Rammus. Rammus can initiate on you and taunt one of your damagers. Poppy can initiate on you and instantly kill one of your damagers.
Rammus is worse honestly. Pretty rare when the combined 6 bans don't hit yorick kass poppy shaco rammus unless you got tards banning akali and jax. I still feel akali and jax are very strong and would be ban worthy if not for the other mentioned champs.