The dissappearing mouse still D:

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magical Magi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

This has happened multiple times with me too and I'm pretty sure a red addressed it as being a fault with AMD graphics drivers. But after multiple driver updates, this is still occurring so I doubt Riot wouldn't have been able to fix this so that it doesn't screw with AMD drivers.

hi12473

12-05-2011

I think I had this a couple times, but I could still see the regular mouse in-game. Afterwards, though, it stayed for a while. May just be a problem with my computer, though.

Chith

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
this is the first i've heard of this issue--i'll get people to look into this.
if anyone has solid steps to reproduce and/or correct this issue consistently, i would love it if you could post them in this thread.

thanks for the report!
This happens to me i would say 1 out of every 5 or 6 games and it only happens with Dominion. I main Ezreal and it is impossible to do anything without the pointer because you cannot play Ezreal without smart casting. It is the most frustrating thing that could ever occur in this game. The bad thing about it is the only way to fix it is to restart your computer because it normally stays messed up until you do. There are a ton of topics about this as well that can probably explain it better. I have Windows 7 and run an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card if that helps. I heard it only/mostly happens to ATI Mobility cards but that is only a theory as far as I know. If I can find the post about this I will edit it in.

Edit: I can post some screen shots if that would help.

Charcoales

12-08-2011

Yea happens to me too. Even after exiting the game the mouse is still invisible/dashed vertical line. I have an AMD 4200 video card and windows 7. All accessory options for my mouse are turned off so it isn't that. It is really hard to reproduce, seems to happen without reason. Maybe when I click really fast around a capture point it seems to happen, not sure though. I can sometimes play for hours without it happening, but when it does happen it's the most frustrating thing ever.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-08-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chith View Post
Edit: I can post some screen shots if that would help.
i don't think screenshots would be necessary if the only thing noticeable is that the cursor is missing. thank you very much for the details and the offer though.

RedSheep

12-08-2011

yea this has been really annoying.

i mean the effect even last after the game is done.

The solution for a moment :

1. Open your mouse in control panel
2. Choose pointer option
3. Click display pointer trail.

it will recovered your mouse pointer

else restart

but riot please hurry fix is getting annoying really

Chith

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i don't think screenshots would be necessary if the only thing noticeable is that the cursor is missing. thank you very much for the details and the offer though.
No problem I just hope you guys can find a fix to this. I didn't know that so many people were having this problem.

CPFalcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

I had this problem occasionally before, and it was unrelated to LoL (I've actually never had this problem on Dominion and I've played 500+ games). For me, it was a Win7/ATI driver issue. Try updating your graphics driver!

Cidolfus Bunansa

12-08-2011

I shall point you to a possible fix!

'Special Note for those affected only on Dominion:

Make sure that under "Mouse Properties" that "Hide Pointer While Typing" is unchecked in the "Pointer Options" tab.'

Found at: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20405097-mouse-keyboard-issues

Also I confirmed that this issue happens with the Mobility HD 5000 series only.

LegendaryEnemy

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne Senfield View Post
yea this has been really annoying.

i mean the effect even last after the game is done.

The solution for a moment :

1. Open your mouse in control panel
2. Choose pointer option
3. Click display pointer trail.

it will recovered your mouse pointer

else restart

but riot please hurry fix is getting annoying really
This works maybe 20% of the time, otherwise it doesnt do much but make the mouse get all psychadelic when i alt tab. I'll try going into windowed mode next time perhaps.