Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

****ing Rivens, how do they work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMonkeyCourier

12-02-2011

Or, rather, how do I counter her 1v1?

Valohtar

12-02-2011

I think Riven's greatest strength is her mobility with Q and E coupled with her W stun. Her Q combo of 3 dashes has a base CD of 13 seconds so it's fairly long even with CDR. Just try to keep away from her and use snares/roots/exhaust to slow her down while you back off during her combo. Once she's burned her abilities she's vulnerable to counterattack. Banshee's Veil might help against her stun allowing you to counter attack sooner if she manages to get the jump on you.

Asgrim

12-02-2011

Rivens, you can't explain that!

AMonkeyCourier

12-02-2011

Kite her with a slow when she tries to wombo-combo?

So as far as solo top picks go, Nasus would be a fair choice?

EDIT: Tbh, that sounds impractical. The problem with kiting her is that she will stun you for a solid 2 hits of her combo at the very least once she dashes in and stuns. You will also likely be hit by the third part if she moves properly between attacks. Since it doesn't seem possible to consistently bait a good Riven into fluffing her dash and stun, kiting her after exhausting her cooldowns doesn't seem possible.

acosn

12-02-2011

CC and armor.

AMonkeyCourier

12-02-2011

Hard or soft CC? And when is it meant to be used? To return damage to her after her combo, or is there a good way of consistently baiting her combo into failing?

Asgrim

12-02-2011

Ok, I guess I can answer seriously.

As someone stated, her combo has a 13 second cooldown. If you bring a top champion with a speed boost/dash of some sort, as long as your not next to her when she starts, you can move out of range, and therefore bait her into wasting it. This is difficult as she herself boosts, but can be effective.

Other then that, either poke her from distance, or use hard CC and out damage her. Other then that, she will win most up close fights.

Sielko

Recruiter

12-02-2011

Run.

i Mean it.

AMonkeyCourier

12-02-2011

Quote:
Asgrim:
Ok, I guess I can answer seriously.

As someone stated, her combo has a 13 second cooldown. If you bring a top champion with a speed boost/dash of some sort, as long as your not next to her when she starts, you can move out of range, and therefore bait her into wasting it. This is difficult as she herself boosts, but can be effective.

Other then that, either poke her from distance, or use hard CC and out damage her. Other then that, she will win most up close fights.

That makes sense. Looks like it's time to update my hero pool.

Catters

12-02-2011

Ancient people used to counter Riven, but they only could have done it with the help of ancient aliens.