Garen Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryster

07-05-2010

So... for the longest time i always used to think Garen was a gimped/noob charc and thought the whole spinning blade thing was hilarious... until i met a guy who went 27/0/14 on SR purely tank build AND another 17/4/10 dps garen... So then i thought meh probably just a high elo play doing good... then i gave him a try and fell in love with him!

Enough noob talk and ill get to the point... does the Judgement skill on Garen STILL actually CRIT??? The reason why i asked is because i got two phantom blades and seemed like the #'s dont crit... im safely assuming that the crit dmg does not actually show in red "CRIT" while garing is using judgement?

If it still DOES crit is Yomu/2x Phant Dancers and IE the best way to go?
Im using Marks/quints All arm pen and rest is crit %...

Also as a bonus if anyone wants to give me some good headers on a tank garen i honestly tank garen would be pos but actually nearly unkillable WHILE doing scary dmg (his ult...). So far ive used x2 sunfire capes and frozen mallet and totally anhilated all AD dps teams before.

Thanks!

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

If the red sword appears above a target hit by judgement that means it was a crit.

Bloodthorne

07-05-2010

you see a sword appear above the hit target if it crits and you will also hear a sharper noise when you crit during judgment.

When judgment crits, it only crits the Attack Damage part of the skill:
Damage dealt: 15/35/55/75/95 + 35% attack damage
With 100 AD, a normal hit = 130 damage
a crit would be 165 damage.
Also, Infinity edge and "crit damage runes" apply damage to this crit.
So with infinity edge + above numbers you get: 182.5 damage.

Every .5 seconds every target is hit seperately and crit chance is also seperate (an attack from 1 rotation can crit on 3 enemies and not crit on 5 others at the same time).

The best way to build Garen is to go Tank/DPS hybrid. Early game, you can get away with going DPS only (youmuu's ghostblade), midgame you will want to start going towards a more tanky setup (e.g. Atma's Impaler, Phantom Dancer, if you fight a physical team), for late game you will need pure tank items (guardian angel, force of nature, etc.)

Garen is one of those champions that is not defined by his skills; he has good damage output if build for it and is still able to take a beating, or you go for barely any damage but he then becomes an almost unkillable tank. As a pure tank though, the problem is his ultimate; it's a killsteal pretty much. So personally, i advise the DPS/tank hybrid route, using your ultimate to quickly gain gold, turning you into both carry and tank for your team.

Cryster

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthorne View Post
you see a sword appear above the hit target if it crits and you will also hear a sharper noise when you crit during judgment.

When judgment crits, it only crits the Attack Damage part of the skill:
Damage dealt: 15/35/55/75/95 + 35% attack damage
With 100 AD, a normal hit = 130 damage
a crit would be 165 damage.
Also, Infinity edge and "crit damage runes" apply damage to this crit.
So with infinity edge + above numbers you get: 182.5 damage.

Every .5 seconds every target is hit seperately and crit chance is also seperate (an attack from 1 rotation can crit on 3 enemies and not crit on 5 others at the same time).

The best way to build Garen is to go Tank/DPS hybrid. Early game, you can get away with going DPS only (youmuu's ghostblade), midgame you will want to start going towards a more tanky setup (e.g. Atma's Impaler, Phantom Dancer, if you fight a physical team), for late game you will need pure tank items (guardian angel, force of nature, etc.)

Garen is one of those champions that is not defined by his skills; he has good damage output if build for it and is still able to take a beating, or you go for barely any damage but he then becomes an almost unkillable tank. As a pure tank though, the problem is his ultimate; it's a killsteal pretty much. So personally, i advise the DPS/tank hybrid route, using your ultimate to quickly gain gold, turning you into both carry and tank for your team.
That explains a lot thanks!

Usually when i build DPS i get Youmu's - Swift boot - 2x Phantom and IE
Tank build against AD: Aegis - 2x Sunfire - Frozen mallet or Ran Omen
AP: Banshees Veil - Forces of Nature - and something

Is that viable?