New jungle is the worst thing to happen to this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanthanis

12-01-2011

I decided to jungle last night for the first time after the patch. I am a huge jungler using mostly Amumu, Warwick, Shako, Nocturne as well as some others. Right away I knew I did not like the changes.

First, the XP nerf is terrible. I start at golems -> wraiths -> wolves -> blue. I used to hit lvl 3 after wolves. Now you are level two and I think you just barely hit lvl 3 after taking blue. I really felt this nerf after I cleared the jungle twice (minus red and only took blue once) and got a champion kill top and I was still only level 4 and the next lowest level in the entire game was level 5. I mean come on, just staying in the jungle alone and not ganking at all I believe you should be able to keep up with the people 2v2 in a lane.

I have seen a few posts on the forums where people actually like the new jungling. Some are harder to read than others but I believe they like the change because it is easier to do and you have a less chance of getting killed by the minions. The beauty of the old jungle was that it was difficult. You needed to be good enough to time your skills right, know when to gank and know when to jungle. This is because you usually had less health and mana because the mobs hit so much harder and had more health.

Over all I believe the new changes to the jungle are crippling the game, especially for the level 30 summoners who have worked very hard to find the perfect set of runes and abilities to jungle efficiently. These changes help the lower level summoners who should learn how to lane first before trying to go into the jungle.

PLEASE RIOT, CHANGE THE JUNGLING BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS

IvansInTheJungle

12-01-2011

same post as all the others but i agree 100%

Dmon3y26

12-01-2011

There adjusting the exp and gold again soon, but in all honesty there fixing something that ain't broke to begin with.

Tanthanis

12-01-2011

Dmon3y26 are you referring to the change they just made. I believe they did this to allow lower level summoners to jungle essentially crippling the jungling of the lvl 20+ summoners.

Stefono

12-01-2011

shaco op naow. he can put 3 boxes at red, then go over to blue and his boxes will get the red and you can get blue and you will have both buffs and lv2. Easy kill mid/top

ComissarFuklaw

12-01-2011

the worst part about the new jungle (aside from the low low low xp for many champs) is that now half the team wont leave the **** jungle. i just lost a game because 2 or 3 teammates kept going in at totally inopportune times simply because they could. nobody was pushing, and nobody would listen when told to gtfo, as we had team objectives to accomplish.

Fhurries

12-01-2011

+1 to revert jungle

Worlds Strongest

12-01-2011

although i'm not quite sure i'm ok with the jungle changes, and have not done to much testing (done some slight rounds on practice to see xp differences etc). I think riots goal was similar to their goal with flash, they dont want jungling to be necessary to the game. Look at other moba's, jungling is not an imperative strat, more so a 3,1,1 lane set up is (or at least was, havn't kept up with hon much lately) very popular, but not the be all end all, as jungle was prior to the patch. Seriously, without a jungle on your team, the entire composition was totally ****ed, there was no way around the fact that if you didnt have a jungler on your team, you were at a disadvantage.

I think with
Firstly; some slight adjustments to make jungle at least slighly viable in lvl 30 games to more characters than shaco.

Secondly with some time to let people develop new strategies and to find out who are the high tier junglers NOW.

The game will forever be different, and i assume the intention is to allow non jungling team comps, for a more vast variety of team choices in competitive matches.

Either way, this was a very bold move by riot, and with such a bold move, the company cannot just back out of it and revert to the exact same thing as before, because then they show a blatant lack of responsibility for where they want the game to go, so really you will probably have to deal with it.

TLDR: imo it'll be fine, although it is putting a lot of pressure on us gamers to relearn a very vital part of the game.

Kowabungamo

12-01-2011

I have no problem with the new jungle and as far as I can tell since I jungle every single game with a variety of different champs, it's better now than it was.

Don't faceroll, develop a better route, win. I keep up with solo lane CS and usually lead kills or assists. It was a change for the better. I didn't change my runes or mastery pages, I don't see why anybody else would have to.

Quote:
TLDR: imo it'll be fine, although it is putting a lot of pressure on us gamers to relearn a very vital part of the game.
That's never a bad thing.

I would be upset if the change was reverted.

Dubledox

12-01-2011

Try new routes and strategies. The old paths won't work anymore, sadly.