Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion - Your favorite builds and why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sync1337

10-03-2009

Hey guys,

I know there is a sion guide on here already but i find myself ignoring it completely when i play a match with sion.. For example he says to only get a regrowth pendant while i find it vital to get philosophers stone on most heroes to lane and harrass longer =S and he gets IE before AP boots? Anyway my question is what do you guys consider the best agressive/damage Sion build with maybe sunfire cape or the new blademail item for abit of defence? there has been a few new items in the new patch and i am curious is anyone uses the new blademail and rageblade and triforce with their build. Or maybe some of you guys disagree and use a complete different build then anyone has mentioned.

I would like any Sion fans input on this with their favorite build and the reason why they use the build!

sync1337

10-03-2009

Also if i got Sheen on Sion and i had enrage enabled and i hit a target would that be considered using an ability and would i recieve the sheen Buff? or would it only activate if i used cryptic gaze for example..

Grumm

10-03-2009

Enrage is toogle so it doesnt activate Sheen.
Sion is just a beast in the early laning process. I normally use the combination Gaze -> Shield and 2-3 hits with enrage so they lose 300-450 health.
I dont know about build, sometimes i build with attack build, and other times with AP.

Admonished

10-03-2009

Usually pick up a faerie charm and a rejuv bead at start, then farm my lane till i get a tiamat,(why? because it basically allows you to warmog) then for boots i generally go either zerker or mercury treads pending on the composition of the other team. After i usually go for Last Whisper/Frost Mallet/Black Cleaver/Stark's Fevor. Have been known to pick up a Wit's end or Angel armor on occasion for kicks. Atma's are nice too but game's usually over before i can get those also.

Anony

10-03-2009

I play a very strange spec and I am in the middle of mastering it and making it into perfection. I will post up a guide soon and maybe you will like it as it is very offensive.

2xHero

Recruiter

10-03-2009

A Warmog's and an Atma's will help Sion get pretty disgusting DPS. I've seen it in action.

EDIT: I haven't played Sion much, but Tiamat or Nashor's Tooth might be good for Mana Regen/DPS items.

Shibas

10-03-2009

I prefer an AP Sion

Item Build

1. Saphire(for a good manapool)
2. sorc boots(Ap + movement speed)
3. upgrade Sapphire to Catalyst Protector(level up give mana and so you can stay realy long in a line with shildpush)
4. Soulstealer(gives you 70 ap and additonal 70 after kills and assists should i say more^^)
5. Upgrade Protector to rod of Ages
6. Sheen then Lichbane
(At this time i have arround 300-400ap so the combo shield up, lichproc , shieldrelease, lichproc (yes it procs on release), stun, lichproc does arround 2k dmg when the enemy is clever he try to run when not kill for you^^)
7. Abbysal scepter(dmg push before the last patch i had prefer Deathfire but who knows when it comes back.
8. Zhonya's Ring (you can get it at 7. too but you can decide it when you have a blasting wand and enough for abbys)

(Sometimes against heavy meele heros i get an thornmail that reflect the dmg with shield up too.)

with this items i have in "late" endgame arround 4k hp 700ap and my shild absorbs arround 1000 dmg and i can burst arround 3k-4k(3k is more possible because of mr)

Why i play this build? Easy Answer^^ I like to play a Sion that can do much dmg and live longer instead a sion that crits for 1k and die in a stun. The only disadvantage is that my lifesteal ultimate is not so strong but instead of an crit sion my shield saved my ass a lot of times.

Anony

10-03-2009

I feel sad for you if you can get all of those items in one game, that is one long ass game. My setup is more of a 5 item setup but if a game is extended it goes to 6-7.

Shibas

10-03-2009

Quote:
Anony:
I feel sad for you if you can get all of those items in one game, that is one long ass game. My setup is more of a 5 item setup but if a game is extended it goes to 6-7.

yep this would be my perfect setup. In most games it comes to soulstealer or lichbane but thats enough^^

RamboBatman

10-04-2009

Since his shield got buffed there is really no excuse to play anything other than an AP Sion build such as the one Shibas posted. You can quibble about the exact items if you want but AP beats physical damage hands down. Personally, I was a hater until I took the AP build for a spin. I played it once and then immediately played it twice more and I usually switch champs every game. I averaged about a dozen kills each game and farmed 200 creeps pretty easily. In the character feedback section there are plenty of people calling for a nerf. I don't know if he's OP now but, Sion has certainly been taken off the backburner. Play the AP build once and see if you want to play him any other way.