Dominion latest Buzz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detrium

12-20-2011

Is rank coming for Dominion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ranked is a popular topic, though the question is usually 'when is dominion getting ranked?' since it has been talked about since before dominion went live. if you want the answer to 'when' then check out this neat quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really. The implementation is done on the back side, but we want the map to have a chance to mature enough before we flip the switch.
Yes rank is a popular topic and the Dominion community is craving for it ever more. As per Brackhar's quote it seems that rank is already implemented for Dominion but they are waiting for Dominion to be mature enough. What will determine if Dominion is mature enough is unclear at this point.

At the current moment Dominion's meta has settled, champion balance has been fiddled with and except for the first wave of patch there has been little changes to Dominion. At this point the Dominion community is expecting big changes in a future patch.

The Dominion game mode is mature and will not mature much more unless RIOT plans on making significant changes soon.

Detrium

01-03-2012

Happy new year!

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays, I'm finally back and thrilled to duke it out in Dominion once more.

There hasn't been much changes except a new champion over the holiday but this is to be expected (RIOT employees also need a vacation). As for the new champion Viktor, from my experience, does not seem to have a big impact on dominion. I don't see him often and when I do it feels like I'm dueling a standard spell caster hero.

Scoring System

Quote:
personally i like to keep scoring systems simple and transparent.

...(edited out)
(Follow the quote to thread for more information)

The scoring system has been with us since the beginning of Dominion, some people hate it others live by it. Regardless of your position the scoring system should be taken with a grain of salt as it is an evolving system and is by no means perfect.

There is a lot of talk on how to improve the system and here are some of the ideas floating around:
  • Points awarded for capture should be based on time spent capturing
  • The amount of points awarded for kills may have to be adjusted
  • Players feel that the scoring system does not properly reward bottom lane
  • Divide points awarded for capture between the players capturing the point

I really like this quote because I sincerely agree with it
Quote:
it depends. investment itself isn't a reason enough to give reward since it's possible to make bad investments.
It is a new year for Dominion and we are all excited for all the upcoming features.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

to keep this fresh I would include news of tournaments and any other player-driven Dominion activity such as groups, events and websites

Detrium

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineChen View Post
to keep this fresh I would include news of tournaments and any other player-driven Dominion activity such as groups, events and websites
Thanks for the interest! The amount of changes in the last few patches have had little effect on Dominion hence the shortage of news on my part. It would be fantastic to see a bit more activity from reds in the Dominion community. You have done a lot for Dominion and I would like to thank you. We expect great things from Dominate Dominion. Already DominateDominion has organized a tournament and is a great resource for everything Dominion, keep it up!

Strategies Mix it up
It is important to be flexible in Dominion and adjust to your opponents. I find myself using 3 top 2 bottom strategies more often when my team is unable to get top. For this to work you need a strong duo character composition. I like a tanky-dps hero paired up with a high DPS hero.

Once you have a strong duo comp bottom the rest of the team should continue pressuring top while keeping an eye on mid and bottom. The goal of this strategy is to create a strong bottom while creating chaos in the other team composition.

Roles for strategy

Bottom: You need one dedicated bottom player.

Sidekick This hero must create a very good duo composition with bottom laner. His first priority is bottom lane, and helps the rest of the team when needed.

Squad Team The other 3 players assault top(WindMill). If the team has 2 bottom points and mid the squad team should prioritize protecting bottom and mid. Now the most important task for this squad is to seize the opportunities to capture top. This happens whenever the opposing team over-commits to bottom.