This for That - Reviews

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azmare

12-02-2011

Some of you already know and love/hate me. I enjoy spending time reviewing and creating champions. I'm known for my brutal honesty and constructive criticism.

Here's the deal, I will review any champion if you review one of mine on a 1 for 1 basis. Those who I've reviewed in the past are off the hook

My list of champions from newest to oldest...
Zarx, the Brontomancer (Lightning Anti-Support)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post21573877
Emiko, the Mind's Forge (Pet Mechanic)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1551893
Louis, the Witch Doctor (Unique Playstyle)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1547639
Raiken, the Iaijustsu Master (Patience and Burst)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1543110
Jeryk, the Vengeance of the Depths (Water-Based Tank)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=915317
Osma, the Grand Inquisitor (Antimagic, is currently a retired concept)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=913562

Simply post a reply on one of these pages, then post on this thread which you reviewed and put up a link to your champ. Please keep your replies intellectual (avoid 'nice champ man').

Based on the feedback I've received, I have reworked Emiko, Jeryk, Louis, and Raiken... I need reviews for Zarx now.

Azmare

12-02-2011

For a sample of my work, here's a list of champions that I have reviewed...

Eclipse, the Rune Master
Kalus, the Northern Warmonger
Alexandria, the Illusionist
Cyrus, the Crystalline Magi
Master of Disguise [Bare Skeleton Idea]
Krygo, the Unfortunate Traveler
Neka, The Muka Shaman
Vooju- Voo Doo Witch Doctor
Quirk, the Wayward Spell
Unknown, Being of Pure Energy
Kozen, the Soul Razor
Arechethrope, the Venom Master
Eclipse, the Bounty Hunter
Xeal, the Dark Void
Kain, the Bloodthirsty Zealot
Kaspara, Queen of the Regime
Tale, the Lost Heroine
Menova, the Scholar of the Seas
Magnes, the Living Lodestone
Barathos, Siege Master
Ginger, the Sweet Stuff
Oren the Dragon Gladiator
Alanila Vangard of Avalion
Vox, the Resonator
Jariko the void revenant
Dyani, Solstice Wolf
Hagatha, the Hedge Witch
Julia, the Iron Maiden
Dr. Cess, Radiation Expert
Rapaxio, Greed Incarnate
Granite, the Earth Disciple
Esparity, Gravity Incarnate
Lynora, the Blood Mage
Maxamillian, Defender of Demacia
Velarion, the Undead Mage
Oriata, the Fierce Groundhog
Buffo, Gluttony Incarnate
Zurgle, the Plaguebearer
Croe's unnamed Necromancer
Lock, the Mind Sever
Izzgoot, the Void Miasma
Aluraia the succubus
Argolos, the Frozen Sentry

Other posts and ideas I have critiqued...
[Ability Concept] Spell Absorb

*all names are as they appear (spelling and caps) as the thread's name*

KimiNoNeko

12-02-2011

Seeing how my thread dosent get replies (Probably for a reason) and I'm not a fan of bumping my threads I guess I'll go with this.

Reviewing Louis, the Witch Doctor.

Passive looks good.

Q has a typo. You named the spell Mending Hex but in the skill description you talk about Regrowth Hex. Health cost looks a bit low especially when your base health is 1.8k, though I guess that's counter balanced by the fairly low amount of health it can heal until mid-late game.

W looks good. Probably used to save your VIP's or to single out a HVT.

Another smaller typo. Your E goes by -W Toggle- instead of E Toggle.
That being said I find the damage done to Louis to be fairly low. Might just be me.
However increasing your AS means the damage done to yourself will stack quickly so it might be balanced but as I see it the damage to me seems low.

R looks a bit unbalanced. I say remove the growth or keep the growth but remove the contagious part.

Louis base stats look a tad high mostly the 1.8k Hp.

Don't have much to critic really. Q, W look fine. E looks close to fine but I personally would like to see a few change. R might need to lose the stat growth. And Louis base stats look a bit high.

My current and only champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1549111&highlight=unknown

Shazboticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

I'm all about being brutally honest and trying to give constructive criticism so I'll fit right into this. I tend to hate the idea of "I'll review you if you review me" because it's usually superficial in nature. Besides, the possibility of a user-created (who is unaffiliated with Riot) idea being implemented into LoL is slim to none, so these exercises can feel futile in purpose. On the plus side---if you can put it that way---this notion doesn't normally deter aspiring designers.

So what am I getting at? Sure, what the hell, I'll review your stuff if you review mine! I actually saw your Witch Doctor the other day and was intrigued. I just made an ability the other day and genuinely want to know if it is feasible and something you find LoL-worthy. Please, one thing I ask is do not BS me.

Without further ado: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1546886

I'll review Witch Doctor today.

Stacona

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmare View Post
For a sample of my work, here's a list of champions that I have worked on...

Kozen, the Soul Razor
Arechethrope, the Venom Master
Eclipse, the Bounty Hunter
Xeal, the Dark Void
Kain, the Bloodthirsty Zealot
Kaspara, Queen of the Regime
Tale, the Lost Heroine
Menova, the Scholar of the Seas
Magnes, the Living Lodestone
Barathos, Siege Master
Ginger, the Sweet Stuff
Oren the Dragon Gladiator
Alanila Vangard of Avalion
Vox, the Resonator
Jariko the void revenant
Dyani, Solstice Wolf
Hagatha, the Hedge Witch
Julia, the Iron Maiden
Dr. Cess, Radiation Expert
Rapaxio, Greed Incarnate
Granite, the Earth Disciple
Esparity, Gravity Incarnate
Lynora, the Blood Mage
Maxamillian, Defender of Demacia
Velarion, the Undead Mage
Oriata, the Fierce Groundhog
Buffo, Gluttony Incarnate
Zurgle, the Plaguebearer
Croe's unnamed Necromancer

*all names are as they appear (spelling and caps) as the thread's name*
I made Xeal >.> don't take credit for other people's work
You can advertise, but what you did is plagarism and is a crime

Stacona

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazboticus View Post
I'm all about being brutally honest and trying to give constructive criticism so I'll fit right into this. I tend to hate the idea of "I'll review you if you review me" because it's usually superficial in nature. Besides, the possibility of a user-created (who is unaffiliated with Riot) idea being implemented into LoL is slim to none, so these exercises can feel futile in purpose. On the plus side---if you can put it that way---this notion doesn't normally deter aspiring designers.

So what am I getting at? Sure, what the hell, I'll review your stuff if you review mine! I actually saw your Witch Doctor the other day and was intrigued. I just made an ability the other day and genuinely want to know if it is feasible and something you find LoL-worthy. Please, one thing I ask is do not BS me.

Without further ado: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1546886

Volibear is the only fanmade champion i know of that Riot decided to make - Riot does look at these champion ideas and may use ideas from them and not take the entire champion still

Shazboticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacona View Post
Volibear is the only fanmade champion i know of that Riot decided to make - Riot does look at these champion ideas and may use ideas from them and not take the entire champion still

Wasn't Volibear inspired through Riot personnel? I thought a few Riot members were involved in that process, long before it was released.

Veral42

12-02-2011

Volibear was done by Riot, not pulled from the [CC] forums as far as I can tell. The thread for the Volibear concept was made by a community member the same day that Riot released their sneak-peek. I'll review more in a bit (reviewed Louis earlier in exchange for the Eclipse review). Here's a link to my index:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1551043

@Stacona: He simply said he worked on them, he never said that he made them. Also, without some physical form, the law does not protect ideas, so please learn the law before throwing it around in your posts. "Working on" can simply mean that he posted reviews and ideas that were taken into consideration and changes were made in part due to the consideration from his/her reviews.

Xienwolf

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazboticus View Post

Actually the chances of Riot making a champion designed by a player are exactly 100%. It is the 10,000 recruited players reward. So someone who is working toward that goal would be well advised to start designing their champion on here and getting feedback so that when they get flown out to Riot Games HQ there is minimal time spent haggling over details to make the champion they want viable.

Shazboticus

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
Actually the chances of Riot making a champion designed by a player are exactly 100%. It is the 10,000 recruited players reward. So someone who is working toward that goal would be well advised to start designing their champion on here and getting feedback so that when they get flown out to Riot Games HQ there is minimal time spent haggling over details to make the champion they want viable.
Right. With Riot pumping out a champion every 2 weeks or so and a large design staff, something tells me you won't have any time wasted while making your dream hero.