Shushei is Now Streaming Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaelers

12-02-2011

Call me crazy, but isn't this the NA site? Why are you spotlighting a European team streamer... wouldn't it be a better idea to feature a North American streamer on the NA site, and a European one on the EU site?

And yeah, it's even worse when there are people making money off of streaming your game, who play in North America on NA servers and are on the NA LADDER... and you go and feature someone from a different region.

Of course, all of your versions of the sites could be mirrored, but when I look at my URL and see na.leagueoflegends.com, I think North America... and when it says North America in the region select area, I think it so even more.

Also, when I go to see his rank on the leaderboards, and can't find it, because he ISN'T A NA PLAYER, even less of a reason to feature him, or anyone, that is streaming. Like someone has already said, you are only promoting favoritism.

I don't doubt that he isn't good, because he (and his team, for that matter) is very good. It's just that me, being from NA, would rather see someone who is streaming and playing within my ladder, and what strats/champs they use, and to also support them because you know, this is how they make some of their money.

Houtz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

awesome

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7evin View Post
Total joke, destroying other streamers who worked years for this. Doesnt matter you feature one player now he is the first will get most fame etc. and choosing who you feature is a total joke how can a professional company do this kind of unprofessional stuff did shushei ******* zenon or something?
bet you wouldnt be saying this if they showcased your favorite streamer

Shiister

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelers View Post
Call me crazy, but isn't this the NA site? Why are you spotlighting a European team streamer... wouldn't it be a better idea to feature a North American streamer on the NA site, and a European one on the EU site?

And yeah, it's even worse when there are people making money off of streaming your game, who play in North America on NA servers and are on the NA LADDER... and you go and feature someone from a different region.

Of course, all of your versions of the sites could be mirrored, but when I look at my URL and see na.leagueoflegends.com, I think North America... and when it says North America in the region select area, I think it so even more.

Also, when I go to see his rank on the leaderboards, and can't find it, because he ISN'T A NA PLAYER, even less of a reason to feature him, or anyone, that is streaming. Like someone has already said, you are only promoting favoritism.

I don't doubt that he isn't good, because he (and his team, for that matter) is very good. It's just that me, being from NA, would rather see someone who is streaming and playing within my ladder, and what strats/champs they use, and to also support them because you know, this is how they make some of their money.
last time I checked....didnt EU team win the 2nd to last tourney? where US came in under French? Yeah NA player dont deserve any spotlight till they get their skills up

~Coming from a NA player

DiMarzio

12-02-2011

smooth move... shushei is a cool guy. but you are straight up promoting him when there are so many other good players who are just as good and have streamed more than him. Its just plain wrong.

Justice Marshall

12-02-2011

Why not Chaox as the first streamer to be featured? He explains everything in such detail to his viewers. Regardless, this is a very bad idea. By putting any streamer in the spotlight, you are imposing an undue burden on the rest. From watching Hotshot's stream earlier and then his post on the forums, it is clear that he will most likely be the next featured streamer if he keeps his mouth shut.

I thought Riot was better than that. You should not be showing favoritism toward any player.

Lunatist

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin01 View Post
I agree with the point about Riot endorsing their behavior and the risks it entails (So far he's been very clean with maybe one case of swearing when he was ambushed by Graves, but nothing too serious). However, I think that right now there are more people QQing about Fnatic Shushei streaming and how that indicates favoritism, instead of his behavior in the stream.
I think if they greenlighted this, Shushei is probably the best example (to my knowledge) they couldve hoped for.

But all the guys we love don't always act like that. I just wanted to point that out.

NicknameS

12-02-2011

TSM and Epik stream every day. They are from the NA server and not the Euro server. Why do I get updates on euro players, but not NA players?

Shiister

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Marshall View Post
Why not Chaox as the first streamer to be featured? He explains everything in such detail to his viewers. Regardless, this is a very bad idea. By putting any streamer in the spotlight, you are imposing an undue burden on the rest. From watching Hotshot's stream earlier and then his post on the forums, it is clear that he will most likely be the next featured streamer if he keeps his mouth shut.

I thought Riot was better than that. You should not be showing favoritism toward any player.
how is it favoritism? Sushei and his clan been in the spotlight in tourneys for a while so why not feature them? Its not favoritism cause other streamers will get their spotlights, if they cant wait then they can either get over it or clean up their act(hotshot) and one day be on a spotlight

Zaelers

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
last time I checked....didnt EU team win the 2nd to last tourney? where US came in under French? Yeah NA player dont deserve any spotlight till they get their skills up

~Coming from a NA player
Don't be ignorant. Did you read anything I said? I acknowledge that he's very good, but I still would rather watch Reginald, Dyrus, Hotshot, santvicious, Doublelift, or Rain Man. That's not because I think they're better, I would just rather see people that I play with in streams, how they play, what they do, etc.

Nothing wrong with wanting to see people from your region playing, instead of seeing someone I'll likely never play against, or talk to, or watch on stream.