Shushei is Now Streaming Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atari

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMcPain View Post
The community isn't against streamers being featured on Riot's website, it's more about only Shushei being featured at a time.

I think noone would have complained if Riot issued a single article featuring interviews and links to a bunch of different streamers every week.

This. The summoner's spotlight for example, does not feature one entry at a time, so this should not either, especially in the announcement forum. I expected to open it and see he was hired to Riot or something big, not just that his stream was out there. I have always liked Shushei, but I as others, am disappoint.

Broseph Stalin

12-02-2011

I like this guy, he doesn't tell his teammates to kill themselves when they don't play perfectly.

Yttrium

12-02-2011

santa?

SchneiderX

12-02-2011

Shushei streams are ****ing boring as hell, feature TheRainMan, ReginaId, these are the ones i watch and enjoy cuz they are fun to watch.

RexTheMarred

12-02-2011

So out of curiousity...Was that last song from "Angel Beats!"? The commercials started popping up when I actually tuned into the music...

Kry0

Special Projects Manager

Follow RiotKry0 on Twitter

12-02-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

I agree that the Santa outfit is awesome!

You will notice that other streamers have actually drawn more viewers as a consequence of our announcement. This is part of our intention in making the streaming community more visible to players that perhaps have not had a chance to check it out before.

Some of you have suggested streamers that you feel provide an enjoyable experience, know that we have already reached out to a lot of them for the opportunity to be featured.

The things we look for are the AT LEAST the following:

1) An already somewhat popular stream
2) Content that shows how our community can be helpful and enjoyable
3) Content that shows diverse levels of play or play styles
4) Content that coaches and/or explains the game to viewers

The gauntlet has pretty much been thrown. Do you want to be featured? Keep building your show program and we will be in touch. We want to feature you. Go forth and stream!

Eubanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

I don't know what people expect from the first spotlight. Sushei is a consistent player who comes off as incredibly friendly. I watch most streams from time to time, and even if there is other people who are as helpful and nice as he is, hes probably the biggest name streamer who plays at his level who is always that positive, other than maybe Chaox(but AP mid is also far more entertaining to watch than ranged AD, no offense). If they want people who don't typically watch streams to check out a pro players stream, they're obviously going to pick one of the nice guys over someone who rages, even if they are good, because its a much better first impression.

Maybe if they do every single member of Fnatic before showing other streams, then I could see the reasoning behind the hate, but they were obviously going to do a quick followup when they hinted that he'd be playing Volibear sometime today.

Mastermavric

12-02-2011

Zenon, I love you and all... But this streaming stuff doesn't really need to be on the news feed does it?

Yinzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderx View Post
shushei streams are ****ing boring as hell, feature therainman, reginaid, these are the ones i watch and enjoy cuz they are fun to watch.
Not rainman!! No no no no no
I can't take the caps D:

ElCadejoWil

12-02-2011

Riot, i like that Shushei is the first one, since hes the best lol player right now and hes not a rager (we need more OCELOTE!!!!) but i think you should add another things to this, like some video, more info about his rankings, etc.