Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

10-03-2009

I haven't seen a Karthus in so long since his huge nerf in two consecutive patches (wtc Riot, what was wrong with him ).

He was my alltime favorite hero when I first started in June. Now he's been destroyed.

Now I'm wondering if he's even worth picking up and trying to play again. If so:

1) what item builds are u guys using.

2) should my runepage ba all mana regen?

3) any other suggestions

4) am I the only one thinking it was totally unfair

Srry for the thread, its champion feedback and strategy at the same time
Plz help me out

-Motas

StaticFrog

10-03-2009

He was incredibly over powered before, now he's balanced. He needed the nerfs.

Motas

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFrog View Post
He was incredibly over powered before, now he's balanced. He needed the nerfs.
No, he needed the first nerf, the 2nd one was too much.

He was a little OP before, but he was fine after the first nerf, he didn't need the second one.

Mercurius

10-03-2009

He seems pretty rubbish now.

Motas

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
He seems pretty rubbish now.
which is why I don't see him in matches anymore.

What strategies and builds can be used to make him effective once again?

Conflag

10-03-2009

I was playing Karthus in a few pre-mades yesterday and I wasn't having a horrible time or anything (perhaps because I hadn't noticed a nerf in the patch notes ^.-). I haven't noticed any match going poorly with him lately (~week or so) unless I played like trash, and I haven't noticed a nerf to him this patch, so perhaps you might just over-reacting OP?

Motas

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflag View Post
I was playing Karthus in a few pre-mades yesterday and I wasn't having a horrible time or anything (perhaps because I hadn't noticed a nerf in the patch notes ^.-). I haven't noticed any match going poorly with him lately (~week or so) unless I played like trash, and I haven't noticed a nerf to him this patch, so perhaps you might just over-reacting OP?
hmm, I've heard that Karthus runs out of mana very often in a laning situation. idk, to me, 10 sec death defy was fine, it didn't need to go down to 8. They continually upped the mana cost of lay waste, which cannot be spammed as effectively as a result. I'm not sure, but maybe a rune page dedicated to mana regen and a meki pendant could give him enough mana to keep up.

Bloodba7h

10-03-2009

I found that everytime I've ever played as Karthus I'm either not hitting hard enough (I got more mana regen so that I could stay in the fight) or else I'm always out of mana. There didn't seem to be an in-between, as far as I could see.

Please remedy this, Riot.

renticletape

10-03-2009

Before the lay-waste nerf (range + mana cost), he was ridiculously OP early game. With the runes + masteries + early game mana regen, he could perma spam lay waste every second for the first 10 mins of the game. This effectively demolished creeps and kept anyone laning against him out of the lane.

Crazed

10-03-2009

Rentic is a pro at exaggeration... against Karthus all you had to do was not stand still for an extended period of time and you'd be fine. I don't even mind the lay waste nerf though, but defile is useless now. His super squishyness was only compensated by the fact that if you wanted to get close enough to hurt him, defile would mess you up. Heroes just shrug it off now.