@Riot: How to make Dominion Popular! Yay!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbominableToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

This is what I think would be an simple effective incentive to increase the Dominion player base:

Dominion win of the day!

Add another type of "win of the day" just for dominion, it will get more people to play Dominion as they are lured by the bonus IP, people who would normally only play SR who are looking for a bit more IP may try their hand at Dominion to get the win of the day.

What would this mean?

A bigger player base for Dominion, I feel that it takes alot longer to get a Dom game, and the forums too claim it to be unfavorable compared to traditional SR.

It also means more skilled players (not as in they have more skill, but more players how have skill) would participate in Dominion.

Why do we need this?

The queues feel fairly long, in contrast to the fast action packed game, you instead have a slow wait.

You won't always get teams of people who are anywhere near your wins. Often I find I'm facing 5 Level 30's, each with atleast 300 wins, wheras my team has level 25's or something. Having more people playing means that its easier for the matchmaking to balance the teams in terms of player skill.

People still have negative opinions about Dominion. I think it's good (not great, just good, I'll explain why later) The first impression it gave was not a good one, so getting people back into the new and improved Dominion may improve the player's perspective of it.

How will this work?

A simple IP incentive will bring back alot of players who need IP, and want a fast way to get it.

As a result of the IP incentive bringing more people, the Matchmaking will be more even, with less wacky unbalanced teams that sometimes happen.

People who come for the IP would re-experience Dominion, in it's more healthy state. They would experience a less Chaotic, and more Strategic Dominion than they remember, and playing the improved Dominion, with an even Matchmaking system, they might be tempted to stay a while and play Dominion. I do not feel Dominion is great, it is good, but not great, what it needs is the people to play it. It's not what you're doing, but who you're doing it with.

Why not?

The numbers are yours to play with Riot, I would suggest the number not be too low, else it would defeat the purpose, it needs to be high enough to lure the players, however I imagine you do not wish for it to be too high, so try to find balance in that respect.

Dominion needs some love, the win of the day for Dominion games (separate from a win of the day in SR or TT) could mean good news for Dominion. So why not Riot?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to comment or ask a question.

Oozra

12-01-2011

make dominion more appealing ...

special dominion rule ! Kat , akali , nidalee and lux only have a naked skin on this map !

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Pretty sure this was already suggested, OP.

It isn't the worst idea, but I think it would have the same effect as switch Dominion and Classic in the game menu has had. We'd just end up with a bunch of disgruntled SR players in our games who don't actually want to be.

lbgsloan

12-01-2011

Want to make Dominion more popular? Add ranked, remove normal draft to avoid splitting the playerbase too much, reduce draft mode selection timers by about half. You'd see a lot more people playing it.

Phourc

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
We'd just end up with a bunch of disgruntled SR players in our games who don't actually want to be.
With smite, looking for the jungle no less.

I'll pass xP

DGGP

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Want to make Dominion more popular? Add ranked, remove normal draft to avoid splitting the playerbase too much, reduce draft mode selection timers by about half. You'd see a lot more people playing it.
I wouldn't mind ranked dom,

but just no to your other suggestions. People use the timers to coordinate character picks with their team and plan things out/counterpick. Take those options away and the game becomes "spam click the most OP champ you see before you get randomized for thinking too much". Also, normal draft is boss for people that want to play with bans/picks, but don't want to enter the cesspool known at low to mid elo ranked and deal with every single game guaranteed to have raging/whining crybabies in it. (It's not just because of this game's community, it's the nature of any "ranked" modes, people want to win, and won't hesitate to shove anyone under the bus if they think it'll make themselves look like a "better player", despite having roughly the same Elo as the player they are bashing)