New jungle sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canadían

12-07-2011

Faster respawn + less exp = same exp.

What are you complaining about... You just arn't used to the new system. I bet you tried jungling ONCE and then declared it was terrible without even altering your playstyle. Did you read the patch notes?

Sylvinite

12-07-2011

how many of the people here have gone and looked at trying new heros for the jungle to try to adapt to it

Anzell

12-07-2011

Has riot even addressed this issue yet? Much of the community dislikes this last patch.

Elladril

12-08-2012

To all the people who are saying "you just haven't adjusted:" I don't think anyone is trying to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE to succeed from the jungle. It's just a significant nerf compared to last season. In the first 7 minutes of the game (up to the point of the blue respawn) the jungler, if he does nothing but power farm, can accumulate 906 gold from farm. By contrast, a laner has 1307 gold available to him from farm (counting up to the 6:30 minion wave).

This makes it very difficult to compete when a laner has 44% more farm than you do. Imagine top lane vs top lane where you have 100 farm and your opponent has 144. It's a full 2 kills behind. Restated, a jungler has to be 2-0-0 @ 7 minutes to have the same amount of gold as a solo lane who is 0-0-0 assuming the laner farms perfectly.

I can't imagine that this is the state of balance riot was aiming to achieve, but regardless, in my opinion, it's an unacceptable state.

hi im Coley

12-08-2012

Basically from what i get with the new jungle is, if top lane doesn't have a reliable CC, good luck ganking early. If bot lanes doesn't have Taric/Nami, good luck ganking early. If mid lane stays pushed up to his tower, you might be able to to some good, but still if you don't get that kill bot/top/mid, you fall behind to hard, and you wont be able to come back unless you actually start getting some kills. I'm tired of jungling and my lanes complaining that i don't gank or help lanes, but everytime i do, i just show up and go "Rawr" and don't get anything out of it and go back to jungling, losing xp/gold, which is significantly harder on you now then before.

DreaboZ

12-08-2012

I been playing this game for a while as jungler, good game or bad game never feel so hard to catch up on lvls.... and never have any1 in lane can be 3 to 4 lvl ahead of me unless he/she gets feed.

izuul

12-08-2012

my biggest problem with the new jungle isnt the fact that "under leveled under paid blah blah blah" its that now i dont have to worry about ganks like at all. not even 30 yet but what ive noticed is now if im going to be ganked in the mid lane at least 2-3 other laners are gonna do it making it pretty easy to notice or if im in any other lane its usually the mid lane champ coming to get me which again is easily noticed depending on which lane im in i only get ganked by the jungler maybe 2-3 times a game which makes me feel way to safe in lane now i just get to take risks all day with out the worry of a gank hell most games ive played since the patch there hasnt even been a jungler which is sad because that was literally the only reason why i choose to play this game rather than dota or hon

Sovreign22

12-08-2012

I think this is a good necro thread, i believe the jungle is in a bad state yet again and riot hasn't learned from history. I do hope changes are made to increase gold and maybe exp a little, especially now that I drop gold on items that give me no PvP stats and more health pots.

DrinkCoffe

12-08-2012

Riot dosent read forums so who cares

Prizzles

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamitous View Post
Riot, this new jungle is the worst thing that has ever happened to LoL. Before jungling was useful but now its just a way to be underleveled and feed late game even if you do GREAT early game with multiple successful ganks. I main junglers it used to be the most fun thing in LoL. Its useless now. Before Blue start and after killing wolves and wraiths would get you level 3...... now it's 2. or as shaco the red and double start used to get you level 3 but.... now it's 2. This means you spend extra time jungling usually like another 30-40 seconds when you SHOULD be ganking because you're LEVEL 3. In order to stay at a decent level throughout early/mid game you need to either be in the jungle the WHOLE time and never gank or consistently gank and steal farms from the lane while you're at it. All i can say riot; this was a major fail and i hope you fix it. I'm sure you can find another way to make noobs with no runes happy with jungling.
Riot literally said that their goal is to relieve the early pressure junglers were putting on lanes. Your post indicates they were succesful, which they were. Working as intended.