Balancing teams for Summoner's Rift.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nemesis Bambie

12-09-2012

What if you could que for the lane/position you wanted to play so when you joined a match you would be playing the predetermined lane/position you qued as. The que lines would undoubtedly become longer but I would be much more satisfied with my gaming experience if I didn't have to be the first one to call out a lane or have teammates who do not wish to cooperate.

You would have to que as "middle lane, ap", "top lane, tank", or "bottom lane, adc" but this would help balance teams and create better games. I think if this feature were implemented, players would have to wait untill level 20 to unlock the que method, but in all It would improve my experience when playing games.

Any thoughts?

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Perhaps. At the moment it's designed like:
- Make an arranged team if you wish to play according to your idea of the meta
- Play solo queue if you want to do whatever / come up with your own lane assignment

The game is kind of leaning towards this, however:
- Play solo queue if you wish to adhere to the current cemented meta
- Make an arranged team if you wish to do something wacky / out-of-the-box

In particularly, any time a metabreaker debuts, they get nerfed even possibly to the point where they are unplayable. Under the assumption that it's better to have a useless champion than one that too efficiently wins against popular picks. Having gone this far, Riot might as well implement a check box for meta roles, as they are already balancing the game around it. The only thing that ever changes is which champions are considered picks for the 1-1-2-J setup.

TFFoS

12-09-2012

Common suggestion. Not a terrible idea, but tends to reinforce people being super adamant about following the meta. I tend to follow it, so I have no problems personally, but it may be unhealthy for the game.