[Guide]The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike - Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mossey

07-05-2010

You see, the problem about IEs is that when i buy them i get +2% crit chance, but if i don't buy them and sell cloaks, i lose 18% crit chance. Of course I can buy Phantom Dancer, but then i will not get dmg buff, just speeds and dodge. If you want to suggest an item, it can't decrease my Critical Chance(I want to keep it above 70%) and it has to give me some serious benefit.

And for additional armor penetration, only thing it can replace is a lifesteal slot in ma build.

@Edit

Btw who gives me negative ratios? o.o

Every build is different and my build is not WRONG.

Why then, i get negative ratios? If you are up to gimme one, PROVE that it's worth nothing, rather than just spamclicking o.o

I don't understand why i get negative ratios for saying what i prefer and what works for me.

Rallos

07-05-2010

Quote:
As a Master of Critical Strike, you are obliged to... hmm... force your Critical Strike!
Malices lead the way! This gives you + 22% of Critical Chance.
Why "Full Critic" ? Math has shown that Armor Pen will be more dmg than "Pure Critic" ?
Dont you think that Red/Quint => 29Pen Blue/Yellow=Mana Regen is not better ?

You wont be able to spam Parley without any form of regen (even less heal, sacrifice, ulti).

I understand you buy LW for the 45% ArPen...
But thats 2000G...

xSJx

07-05-2010

You don't need armor pen early game, everyone has low armor. Crit might be less damage, but the surprise burst from parley crits is stupid good early game. As long as you get last whisper early you can do without armor pen runes. I agree with the mana regen runes though, you get soooo much from seals and glyphs and you only lose 6% crit I think.

Mossey

07-05-2010

Well, I prefer to be more sure about my critical early game. It prevents me from spamming parrley, but the extra 6% early game is priceless.

@edit

Wow i jsut finished a game where early game i did 4 crits in a row. Ryze didn't notice when he died.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-06-2010

Your build is pretty darn expensive. You may want to look into other items such as Youmuu's Ghostblade if you're looking to stick with Crit chance and Damage, or another Bloodthirster instead of more Infinity Edges, as it would add more damage and compliment your lifesteal.

Certainly it can be whatever works for you, but it just seems like your build purchases a lot of items without any combinations for a long time and takes a few items at premium even though you're losing the unique benefits.

xrats

07-06-2010

I never liked the critplank.Yes,too much dmg but so low life.You will get killed first and asap in teamfights if your opponents are smart.Also,your ulti is too random(well less random after the previous buffs)to depend on it.

Imo,tankplank is the way to go.However,since pirate doesnt have cc it wouldnt be good to go for hardcore tank items.It would be best to build him as a support tank.I have tried a build that gave me success to many games.

Items:

1)Frozen heart
2)Shoul shroud

These are your core items.Give -40% cooldowns and your ulti has now 72 sec cooldown only.This means you can cast it often in every battle.This will help your team a lot in gangs and in teamfights and will give you many many assists if your allies play well and use it to their profit.Pretty useful in push teams.

3)Aegis
4)Starks
5)Atmas.

The other item is of course the boots.

You can build the last 3 items at any order.You can skip aegis or/and starks if other players have build them and go asap for atmas.Atmas will make you stronger.The other 2 items will help your team more.

This build gives 4 auras to your team,hp,armor and mana to you and a 72 sec cooldown ulti(this is the key if you have map awareness and know to use it properly).Gives also higher surviverability at the cost of low dmg of course.Overall, makes you more usefull to your team but less usefull as a dmg dealer.

summoner spells: exhaust - to help your team even more by disabling an opponent in the battle.
the scan spell - ro reveal areas in map often and kill enemies in low life with your ulti.Can also steal creeps from them.Reveal helps your team in general and makes you even more support.

masteries:0/9/21 or 9/0/21

The third tree gives you more mana and hp regen so you can stay and farm longer in your lane.Gives also a 45 sec cooldown scan spell.You can use this pretty often to your advantage.

runes:

red - armor pen
yellow - dodge
blue - mana regen
big ones - 2,7 hp regen /5 sec

The big runes give you totally an 8 hp regen /5 sec.Its like having a dorans shield.

Begin with a blue crystal,a red potion and a blue one.

You need to go for the first component of the frozen heart asap.It will give your ulti -20% cooldown.Try to leave your lane at 6 level and with enough money to buy simple boots and the item.Use your pistol to farm and last hit the creeps for more gold.After you reach level 6 observe the map always and help your allies with your ulti.You ll get assists and thus more gold to build the rest of your items after.

I have always had better scores than critplanks in the game with this build and iam more usefull to my team this way.

Jeepers Creepers

07-07-2010

Xrats if your build is so great why did you use such a crappy build for the one time on may 26th that you played gangplank and the rest tristana.

xrats

07-08-2010

iam not sure i get you.I dont play gangplank on us server.Only on eu.Whats your point?You must have mistaken me with something else.