[Guide]The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike - Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mossey

07-04-2010

The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike - Gangplank

This guide is for people who struggle how to release the power of Gangplank. As many knows, he is extremely powerful, but if you choose wrong way, he is useless. In this guide I will show you the path to become The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike. However, you won't be worth it until you practice it a lot, as it works only for well-trained and awesome people who work hardly for what they care about.

Let's starrrrrt your course with The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike - Pirate Mossey, The Gangplank on his 'Ole Ship.

Runes

As a Master of Critical Strike, you are obliged to... hmm... force your Critical Strike!

Malices lead the way!

This gives you + 22% of Critical Chance.

Spells

You definitely don't need cleanse or heal, because you have your own HealSe on a Stick.

I prefer to go for fighting mechanisms.

Exhaust - Blind, Slow and decreasing enemy morale effect. Just perfect.

Ignite - Parrley, Exhaust, Ignite and sometimes Cannon Barrage. Can someone survive it?

[TRICK]Well i see a lot of people who are hanging around with 40% of their HP in early game. One good crit from Parrley and Ignite will definitely let him/her think for a while about its behaviour.

Items

Yeah, key to the power. Most people will probably read only this part of the guide. This build was made during a 2-weeks research i made. Let's start.

Boots of Speed(350).
2 Health Potions(35 each).
1 Mana Potion(40 each).

You keep up until you happen to be forced to go refill. You keep buying potions(2HP & 2MP) if you feel like you need them, just don't spend too much on them.(My record so far is 2 times).

When you go refill you buy your potions and/or Boots of Speed.

Now you can chase even more effectively. However, your crit is only 22%. You keep doing your job and going refill from time to time to buy(in this order):

3x Cloak of Agility (3x 880 = 2640).
Vampiric Scepter(450).
Recurve Bow(1050).
Last Whisper(915).

At this point you are delicately(or brutally depending on how good you are) letting the enemy know that you are dangerous. Now go grab Golem buff if you have some free time. Then you can just wreak havoc.

You collect 3200 and buy Infinity Edge.

Then BloodThirster for 2750.

And then another 2 Infinity Edges(2x 3200 = 6400).

[TIP]If you happen to play against me, Im not losing and I get an Infinity Edge, you can expect words "Now the fun begins", which suggest that you will have enough in a maximum of 5 minutes.

Skilling Order

Cannon Barrage - Priority 1(Always level up when available).
Parrley - Priority 2(Level up when Cannon Barrage isn't available to level up).
Remove Scurvy - Priority 3(If you happen to have those 2 above not available, you go for this).
Raise Morale - Priority 4(You don't really need that. Tick it when you have nothing else to level up.)

Few Last Words

FirstBlooding Mastery

Always try to get First Blood. You don't get it only when you are solo against 2 people.(Well sometimes i get it anyway).

Always, when getting First Blood, no matter what, stay in first bush and stay there until enemy comes in/there is multiple-people-gank on 2 of u/enemy killed creep and attacks the turret, being stupid enough to be chased by you from behind.

When you stay in First Bush, remember The Law of First Camper - "The person who attacks first has an overall and natural advantage over the attacked".

It's good to have all cooldowns down before you decide to pick up on multiple targets alone by yourself.

Sometimes its good to turn on your potions when the fight starts, as u can forget to turn them on during the actual fight. Sometimes it turns into waste, sometimes it saves your life.

General Tips

The Key to the victory is to do not make mistakes. Sometimes you have to seal your emotions to prevent yourself from doing stupid things.

Remember. The FirstBlooding Master of Critical Strike never ever EVER cries about or either explains anything upon his death or enemy's luck.

Cheers from P(r)oland from Mossey(Yea, I know my English is better than English' themselves).

Booty Colin

07-04-2010

3 infinity edges? I... what? What is the logic behind that? You have 22% crit chance from runes, that puts you to 82% for a serious ****-ton of gold. Maybe run phantom so you can gat people on the run, or use ghostblade for the armor pen.. I just don't get it. Phantom costs 3300(if im not mistaken) and buffs your crit chance by 30% rather than 20. I know the last two edges are just luxury but i can't stand behind it. Oh, also. Why max scurvy before morale? The heal is kind of negligible. 280 i think? you really only need it for the cleanse in my opinion.

Mossey

07-04-2010

Remove Scurvy gives u, from what i remember, a nice portion of gang's HP(380 may not be much but when i look on how it boosts my hp bar i think its useful.). It removes debuffs, lets you surprise enemy and win fights with enemies who have kinda big lifesteal.

About infinity edges. At early game i buy 3 cloaks of agility to get a nice crit chance buffs. Later i use them only to force up my atk dmg. Each new infinity edge adds 200 to dmg(cuz of critical), which means, that when i have enough of them, i do so much dmg that even tanks fear to come close to me. I don't need speed, cuz at this point Im in enemy base and the enemy has nowhere to run. Also im not sure about armor penetration if it stacks or not in case where i have Last Whisper with its 40% already. To be honest, I never had a chance to build those 2 extra IEs, my games usually end at 30 minutes.

Karalius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2010

well theres this way and theres the pirate who denies enemy xp and gold taking E first.
also theres a lot better builds than 3 infinity edges, thats just silly waste of gold.

and tbh, if you have the comp for it, tankplank is the way to go imo

Mossey

07-04-2010

Tankplank? Wow, its jsut wasting plank's potential. His abs are givin him buffs to attack(+150 dmg buff, + x% atk speed buff, +x% movement speed buff, remove debuffs and heal so that he don't die when pwnin the entire enmy team and his ulti that lets him damage badly the entire enemy team).

Btw IEs aint waste, cuz you can imagine what impact it makes on you if you are a 3K HP tank and i take 1K hp off you with 1 shot even though you are armored... and you didn't even have a chance to come to me closer yet, cuz it was parrley shot.

Maybe I somewhat waste money, but it's hard for me to lose anyway. Other builds i tried(including Phantom Dancers) didn't come out as effective as this build. Maybe cuz im up to powerful singular dmg rather than a spam of quickhits.

Kadanuumuu

07-04-2010

U realize unique item powers do not stack, so the last 2 IE don't give you any +crit dmg. Switching to a Phantom and a high +dmg item. whatever you want will cost less and you'll get much more from it.

And btw, Tryndamere is the master of critical strikes.

Karalius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossey View Post
Tankplank? Wow, its jsut wasting plank's potential. His abs are givin him buffs to attack(+150 dmg buff, + x% atk speed buff, +x% movement speed buff, remove debuffs and heal so that he don't die when pwnin the entire enmy team and his ulti that lets him damage badly the entire enemy team).

Btw IEs aint waste, cuz you can imagine what impact it makes on you if you are a 3K HP tank and i take 1K hp off you with 1 shot even though you are armored... and you didn't even have a chance to come to me closer yet, cuz it was parrley shot.

Maybe I somewhat waste money, but it's hard for me to lose anyway. Other builds i tried(including Phantom Dancers) didn't come out as effective as this build. Maybe cuz im up to powerful singular dmg rather than a spam of quickhits.
tankplank doesnt waste any "potential"
2 sunfires + ATMAS + green pot, you will crit as much and as hard but you will have the survivability to tank / heal so much.

a lot of high elo players agree that tankplank is very effective.
but then again, not all team comps can let him farm so much etc.

Mossey

07-04-2010

Kadanumuu What i mean is that it gives me +80 dmg, which crited (2.5x) gives me 200 dmg. Only thing that i know can beat that is bloodthirster(stacks up to 100 dmg) but requires time.

And cheapness of other items isn't huge, cuz at this stage IEs cost me only 3200.

And havin Phantoms instead of IEs doesnt really suit me. For example, when we push mid and we re about to take a turret, the enemies are resistant. But if i can do huge harrassing dmg just by ranged hits every few seconds i can soften them up quite good and fast so that we can easily rush in and take the turret down, cuz enemy will either go refill or die fighting with low hp. For me its more practical to do singular huge dmg than quickspam the hits of which the overall output is the same anyway. the difference is that my parrley feels better when i go for hgue dmg. Only thing I would consider replacing IEs for would be BloodRazor, Frozen Mallet or somethin with Armor Penetration, but I don't really have to, cuz no matter how much hp, slowing or armor pen I have in teambattles I do really good.

And about Tankplank I admit i can be wrong as I never tried to be one.

Booty Colin

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossey View Post
Remove Scurvy gives u, from what i remember, a nice portion of gang's HP(380 may not be much but when i look on how it boosts my hp bar i think its useful.). It removes debuffs, lets you surprise enemy and win fights with enemies who have kinda big lifesteal.

About infinity edges. At early game i buy 3 cloaks of agility to get a nice crit chance buffs. Later i use them only to force up my atk dmg. Each new infinity edge adds 200 to dmg(cuz of critical), which means, that when i have enough of them, i do so much dmg that even tanks fear to come close to me. I don't need speed, cuz at this point Im in enemy base and the enemy has nowhere to run. Also im not sure about armor penetration if it stacks or not in case where i have Last Whisper with its 40% already. To be honest, I never had a chance to build those 2 extra IEs, my games usually end at 30 minutes.
Right. The debuff removal is the point. but my point is that with all your crit chance from runes and your first IE... you don't really need the extra chance. and if all you're stacking is agility capes, you're going to be severely hard pressed to get kills. we're talking level 18(after last whisper) dealing approximately 500 damage on parrley. It takes a ton of time to even get that much gold. I just can't stand behind this build.

Basist

07-04-2010

Multiple IE's is a waste of gold. 4k gold is pricey enough for one item, it should be left at that. I would rather spend 800 less and get a black cleaver. Example: You clash with someone, and after a few hits, with that parrley you have reduced their armor by 40+, more than making up for the 5 dmg less compared to IE.

Against tanks it is amazing, and against squishies if they haven't stacked any armor, it essentially reduces either ALL or almost all armor they have, thus making your parrley do FULL damage on top of crit.