Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Voidlings.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

07-06-2010

I do agree. Voidlings are very interesting mechanics, and it would be great if you can fashion a play style around it.

ParoX

07-06-2010

reminds me of the pusher playstyle of broodmother from dota with her swarms of minions. I like this idea quite alot. But this buff to his passive would warrant a slight nerf to his AP ratios or his spells base damage

pvtpain66k

Recruiter

07-06-2010

I'd at least like to see improvements to the voidlings. A longer life timer and more hp or perhaps armor.

scrimbul

07-06-2010

Quote:
ephemeralnode:
now that I think about it this would be a nice buff for AP malz as well, with CDR/18 glyphs 6% cdr mastery and nashors tooth alone ensure a steady stream of voidlings while only sacrificing 1 item slot that could be a more ap heavy item. I think the key still lies in voidling scaling....

The voidlings are uncontrollable. To get them to be at the range to where they would be useful you need to not be squishy.

This means it's a mediocre buff to AP Malz at best and completely ignorable to burst Malz at worst.

At any rate only PTR users will know if this idea could work in this incarnation or not unless some reds answer the posts. I'm mostly interested in what greens, blues and yellows have to say on the subject, as this style of pushing he as requires him to be in danger but doesn't allow him to stack armor or MR to any great extent without losing the ability to spam the voidlings. If you keep the stacks necessary to spawn a voidling at 5, you require CDR which prevents him from being a 'true' tank, especially with no initiation, no true CC aside from the ultimate and no escape skill. Instead he becomes an active offensive support. Fights against him at turrets will be decided much sooner than they are with Heimerdinger's guns, with the caveat that Malzahar is in much more danger and isn't going to be able to single-target burst as effectively and is relying on a mechanic that, while powerful, relies solely on the notoriously unreliable voidling A.I.

scrimbul

07-06-2010

bump

Woopya

07-06-2010

The idea of the voidling is nice, but the reality of it is not.

My concept was to keep the ling the same as it is now, only as long as it is alive it takes 50% of the dmg intended for Mal.