A newbie's guide to everything Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eingyi

12-20-2011

Extremely good guide.

Also, Dominion is fast and fun.

W3rDGotMilk

12-20-2011

Nice write-up! Only thing i disagree with is the way you recommend bottom lane be played. I agree with a strong pusher going bottom but i disagree that they should push hard. The best bottom defenders i've ever played with had extremely strong bottom champs that just wiped the minion wave as it came to their tower. They realized that pushing the other teams tower puts them in the position where they can be ganked or someone can backdoor their tower. Allowing the other person to push sets your own team up for ganks bottom.

Of course i wouldn't recommend this if you have an extremely strong pusher vs a very weak one and can handle all of that by yourself.

This is exactly whats happened when post game you hear a bottom lane champ say "They kept sending an extra person bottom to kill me, i cant handle 2!" Its not the other 4 peoples fault, its the fault of the guy over extending!

Tl : DR Make the other teams bottom lane champion **** late game by allowing him to push then call for a gank as many times as he will allow.

Sarif Fice

12-20-2011

I can counter Yorick and Urgot in bot with Karma. Normally she can shield and heal her own minions while killing the others and harassing the other bot winning by pushing no problem. With the two mentioned above you usually end up having to shield yourself, but can still push effectively by making sure both they, and their minions are being hit by it as well. It is also easy to double kill on your own point with karma since you can damage both divers, and keep yourself alive while becoming stronger (thanks to passive).

Exception: Silences ruin you, so avoid Kassadin and talon.

Bazylov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Hi. I am a website administrator of www.mylol.pl. The website contains guides for beginners and journalistic articles about the game. I ask if I could translate your tutorial into Polish and add it to my website? Of course it bind up your nickname and a link to the original article

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylov View Post
Hi. I am a website administrator of www.mylol.pl. The website contains guides for beginners and journalistic articles about the game. I ask if I could translate your tutorial into Polish and add it to my website? Of course it bind up your nickname and a link to the original article
Sure!

Just as long as credit is given I'd be happy to have my guide in another language XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaamosteoria View Post
Extremely good guide.

Thank you, and that it is. Quoting this for truth :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3rDGotMilk View Post
Nice write-up! Only thing i disagree with is the way you recommend bottom lane be played. I agree with a strong pusher going bottom but i disagree that they should push hard. The best bottom defenders i've ever played with had extremely strong bottom champs that just wiped the minion wave as it came to their tower. They realized that pushing the other teams tower puts them in the position where they can be ganked or someone can backdoor their tower. Allowing the other person to push sets your own team up for ganks bottom.

Of course i wouldn't recommend this if you have an extremely strong pusher vs a very weak one and can handle all of that by yourself.

This is exactly whats happened when post game you hear a bottom lane champ say "They kept sending an extra person bottom to kill me, i cant handle 2!" Its not the other 4 peoples fault, its the fault of the guy over extending!

Tl : DR Make the other teams bottom lane champion **** late game by allowing him to push then call for a gank as many times as he will allow.
You wouldn't be the first to disagree with my passion for bottom lane, but I understand what you're saying. Ideally you want a good matchup bottom and solo push their point for the neutralize and take out their bottom laner, but if you don't have that good matchup I can see your point. I might add a little blurb about this, but honestly it isn't fun to just "sit back and wait for a gank", especially not in solo queue when you can't expect anything.

The guide on bottom lane is the byproduct of my enthusiasm for Dominion and that won't be changing, but I'll put in a few extra notes at the bottom

ElyCyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Build Engineer

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaamosteoria View Post
Extremely good guide.

Hear, hear.

Forbiddian

12-27-2011

This should not leave the front page.

Nekrogen

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
This should not leave the front page.
lol thanks

Naniwo

12-29-2011

Hello! I play Dominion alot (in Solo draft, because no one on my team likes it but me qq), and I noticed the lack of Zilean as a banworthy champ? With cata+potion start bottom, its almost impossible to force him out of lane. Additionally, he has a massive speed steroid that gives him a lot of map presence, a global (really good) passive, and an ult that ought to read "Automatically win skirmish", IMO. He and Pantheon are really "hidden OPs" of the map, I think.

That said, I think this is a really handy guide. I love to try and find more people to play this with, and maybe I can convince my friends Dominion has a meta with this.

Forbiddian

01-01-2012

Bump