Unique Aura Debuffs - Clarification?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiclic

10-02-2009

Just a quick question concerning items that have unique aura debuffs.

The way I understand it is that items with unique aura buffs are shared when in range. If two people have the item, then those two will have two instances of the buff, but everyone around them without the item will have only one instance of the buff. Is this correct? I've never really tested it, just picked it up from the forums a month or so ago.

Now for the question, what happens if you have two people with unique aura debuff effects against an opponent? Will they gain two debuffs, or just one?

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-03-2009

stands to reason if its a unique aura they will only get debuffed once. The reason the positive auras apply twice is because the item gives you the bonus, then gives the aura to allies, so when an ally gets the item it doesnt properly detect the aura is already active on you. Unsure if its intended or not, but its definately known by riot, as its been in, and used since as long as i can remember

Emrot

10-03-2009

Like TenToedPete said, it'll only be one. The reason it stacks when you and another person have it is because one of the sources is external and one is internal. When you're debuffing an enemy, both sources are external.