Who counters or beats renekton top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloody Loon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

I haven't played him long, but from what I've seen, the hardest counter I've faced was an AP sion (mid and top switched). He did more damage to me than I could possibly do to him. Eventually, through several ganks, we managed to get the lane to a state that it was workable.

The best part about ren that I've found is that even if you're losing your lane, it's really easy to farm with your Q, push lane out, and then go gank to get some extra gold. His ganks are gruesome.

VooDooZecora

12-09-2011

I play Renekton a bit, and Garen WILL get shut down until level 5, then his spin hits too hard to deal with unless you are building armor (generally i go for a brutilizer pretty quick, but a chain mail would really shut him down up top) irelia can give you problems and i've been hurt pretty bad by a good morgana. Chogath and singed is just a farm fest, you kill their minion wave, he kills your minion wave. /rinse /repeat Jarvan has an interesting dynamic and i would say its a pretty even match. Teemo can be a pretty hard counter to renekton, you can blind his W and harass him hard enough to not want to come back.

PongV2

01-03-2012

But if he has a Sona or Soraka supporting him you're screwed.

TarkosUSH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2012

Karma renekton+move speed+heal and shield=little op

yung timmy

04-12-2012

shen OP

Atacand

04-12-2012

If you play a smart teemo (a lot of emphasis on the "smart" please), you can harass him down. Please do not do any head-on engagements though...

7thcloud

04-12-2012

the only "hard" counter to renekton top is pantheon. the passive is too much to deal with. even with that said, pantheon has to be careful to manage his distance (to take into account for the double-dash then spin) by giving up a few creeps in the beginning.

not sure how garen gets shut down til level 5. if anything, i would have figured the reverse since garen's lvl 1/2/3 are all so strong. the problem is, garen's q and renekton's w can both be charged up. and unfortunately, if they are, then renekton wins the trade. not an easy match-up, but more in renekton's favor.

cho'gath can be killed quite easily if you run 21/9 as renekton

singed is a lot harder to kill due to the smaller model size, speed, and fling. the fling essentially "undoes" one of your dashes. in addition, any lifesteal you do will be mitigated from his gas.

teemo...i dont know why ppl think teemo counters renekton. who cares if you blind renekton? he's primarily a spell user in physical dmg form. the blind isnt long enough where i wont catch up to teemo and hit him (due to double dash).

jarvan is a skill match-up of sorts. the first problem is, jarvan uses mana and a lot of it. the second problem is that jarvan has no innate sustain. third and most importantly, the skill needed on jarvan is much higher than on renekton to simply pull the match-up to a draw.

riven. essentially a better version of jarvan in this matchup

Hertog Daniel

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thcloud View Post
the only "hard" counter to renekton top is pantheon. the passive is too much to deal with. even with that said, pantheon has to be careful to manage his distance (to take into account for the double-dash then spin) by giving up a few creeps in the beginning.
I find it quite easy to beat Pantheon as Renekton to be honest. Yesterday I played against a decent Pantheon and the following happened: 1. Go cloth armour. 2. Wait until lvl 3. 3. e-> w-> q-> e-> repeat. Pantheons shield would always block me 'e' since I'd wait for that to come up. I followed that up with complete lane control and farm behind tower after level 6. When their jungler would come I'd get several double kills. Pantheon does not counter Renekton. Build: 21-9-0. Flat armor marks, flat health quints, magic resist glyphs and armor penetration marks.

CiT0

Master Recruiter

04-30-2012

what about olaf?

Laptop

04-30-2012

Fizz running Mpen/Armor/MR/ Hp regen quints. With 9/21/0 masteries start with cloth 5 and build hp/ap and tabis.