Who counters or beats renekton top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waterhero

Recruiter

11-30-2011

Maybe this is a noob question, but I was just wondering. Please only suggest a bruiser as I know some ap and ad carries beat him. Thanks in advance

Lemen Russ

11-30-2011

Garen, Lee Sin, possibly the bear now.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Is Renekton really that strong? I struggle with him, what build are people using to dominate?

UStupidSucker

11-30-2011

I think every gp ****ing ren

DoomPending

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by msylcatac View Post
also in retro spec i think renek is a very under played champ, and needs nerf. Because whenever I see one they do amazing.
That is probably because the people who play him are generally very good with him.

cyborgtemplar

11-30-2011

this may seem odd to you but i completely dominate him with kayle

Blankiesrus

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by msylcatac View Post
also in retro spec i think renek is a very under played champ, and needs nerf. Because whenever I see one they do amazing.
What a terrible logic, lol...ever stop to think just maybe it's because the player is a good player? Possibly better than you? Oh no of course not, that's impossible within the gaming community.

Skilltestingman

11-30-2011

No renekton is not that hard to play. People may think so, but it's pretty simple.

Just e onto them, stun with w and q. Also good to note q is more for farming early then dmg as it's pretty low until mid-late.

I really can't understand why he's underplayed, esp in mlg. He's such a great solo top and team fighter. Champions like him, swain, vlad and others I can't understand why so underplayed. Not like their the most difficult.

Also, my usual build is like this:

warmog
atmogs
spirit visage
youmou
Ionian boots
Guardian angel (situational. If more AP based I get FoN)

7thcloud

11-30-2011

he's a strong laner against most of the bruisers due to his ungodly set of abilities coupled with the fact that his spells work off of rage. like another poster mentioned, generally, summoners that use weaker or less seldom used champions often have a higher skillcap with them, otherwise, they would not even be viable.

renekton is a nasty laner, but only that. once laning phase disappears, so will he unless he's been fed. lee sin will not be a counter unless he is always landing his 'q'. garen will be a wash at best since you trade silence for stun (and most melee dps would prefer to be silenced). i would suggest playing akali or yorick against him top.

cyborgtemplar

11-30-2011

any real range or sustain can stop him pretty easily. his charge to you and stun you can be annoying but it's really not that bad unless he's got a lot of food. at that point anybody is a pain though. but if you want a true counter, akali is a good one but not the best. lee sin is still sorta squishy early on. an udyr would do great against him. and as i said earlier kayle just crushes him. ranged q for slow then e which gives itself more dmg can both harass him and kill creep at the same time. i solo'd top with her against a blitz + ali combo *they didn't have a jungler* lol