My take on the New Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sesquiplicate

11-29-2011

It's a post that shouldn't go here.

I know this opinion is going to get me shot (and downvoted), but I had to share it. On seeing the patch preview, and some of the numbers, I was appalled at the new jungle. Today I took my lee sin to try it out for a game and it went pretty well, I've carried my first 2 games from the new jungle as lee sin (and I'm not a particularly great player)

Here are the reasons I thought I was going to hate it:
1) I thought it would actually limit options, forcing you to farm and punishing failed ganks severely
2) I thought it would lead to the jungler naturally being the weakest force on the team.
3) I thought it would be **** boring.

Here are my impressions after my first 2 pvp game with it (so I might be wrong)
1) It's more sustainable, for any champ (lee sin can jungle indefinitely), which is really nice and broadens jungling options greatly, which I think is a good thing.
2) The actual farming feels more fast-paced, It's not quite as much sit and auto attack, it's a little more fun.
3)You do need to make your ganks flow with your jungling route, and usually take out camps on the way to the lane you want to gank.
4) You have a little more option with where you gank, and how you re-enter your jungle, you don't have to go from one side to the other every time
5) If you play it right, and don't waste time YOU GET FARMED.
6) The most efficient routes aren't always clears, and there are a whole lot of them, depending on where you need to be.

tl;dr, the new jungle is at a frantic pace, but I've found it to be a lot better. I'll edit and make this list less repetitive and more concise.

Really guys, I hated it in theory too, but you really need to give it a try the right way before you bash it. If you agree or disagree, tell me what you think, what are some of the characteristics of the new jungle that you've experienced. (Say if you've actually tried it).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sesquiplicate

11-29-2011

Lol, wrong section, moving it.