Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crazzym0u5e

03-17-2013

hello xD i have to say this is a great story c: if i had the talent like... to make anime or something i would totally make this story (with ur permission of course xd) but sadly I don't even know how to use MS paint :/ is a great story and i like it so much that i wish u never finished it xD greettings

RightJustified

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Hey there, I figured that I'd stop lurking and say hello, and that I like your work.

So, uhh, hi.

Cerubois

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzym0u5e View Post
hello xD i have to say this is a great story c: if i had the talent like... to make anime or something i would totally make this story (with ur permission of course xd) but sadly I don't even know how to use MS paint :/ is a great story and i like it so much that i wish u never finished it xD greettings
Believe me, I would absolutely love to see it animated. But the story has to finish. It's not the kind of story I can drag out for no reason. I've gotten to this point with some specific goals and morals in mind, and then it will be done.

That said, I'm not opposed to writing a little side-story every now and then for this perfect couple . :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightJustified View Post
Hey there, I figured that I'd stop lurking and say hello, and that I like your work.

So, uhh, hi.
Hi.

Lurkers are welcome. I won't call people out on that, haha. But good job for being brave. I appreciate the support. :P

Edit: On a side note, in case you guys are interested, I'm going to be expanding on the time Riven spent in Fury Company, with several ties to Guiding Light included (unfortunately, probably no Lux :P). I've posted the prologue here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3235325
This'll probably be my next project.

RightJustified

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Hi.

Lurkers are welcome. I won't call people out on that, haha. But good job for being brave. I appreciate the support. :P

Edit: On a side note, in case you guys are interested, I'm going to be expanding on the time Riven spent in Fury Company, with several ties to Guiding Light included (unfortunately, probably no Lux :P). I've posted the prologue here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3235325
This'll probably be my next project.
I'll admit that I only picked this up for Lux, so I haven't actually looked at Fury Company yet.

Here's a random question, do you have the plot outlined or do you write it as it comes?

Cerubois

03-19-2013

Quote:
I'll admit that I only picked this up for Lux, so I haven't actually looked at Fury Company yet.

Here's a random question, do you have the plot outlined or do you write it as it comes?
I usually have a general idea for the plot, but it's not much. Something like "I want this chapter to end like this, and I want this to happen somewhere in between." And then I just start writing. It doesn't always go the way I planned, but it often ends up better that way.

An example would be the sword fight with Yi. I originally wanted Riven to beat him and somehow befriend him (I keep things vague so my mind can process possibilities in the background). Then I got to writing it, and started wondering if maybe they'd met before during the war, and then it expanded into something I could use in Tales of Fury so I included it, and it completely changed the fight until I couldn't see Riven just winning anymore. The entire fight was completely new to me. It was a lot of fun to write. (especially working out Yi's abilities in a logical sense! :P)

But I think I'll need to change that process a little for Tales of Fury. It'll be much harder to write on the spot if I've got more characters to follow. It needs to be more coordinated.

RightJustified

03-19-2013

Quote:
I usually have a general idea for the plot, but it's not much. Something like "I want this chapter to end like this, and I want this to happen somewhere in between." And then I just start writing. It doesn't always go the way I planned, but it often ends up better that way.

An example would be the sword fight with Yi. I originally wanted Riven to beat him and somehow befriend him (I keep things vague so my mind can process possibilities in the background). Then I got to writing it, and started wondering if maybe they'd met before during the war, and then it expanded into something I could use in Tales of Fury so I included it, and it completely changed the fight until I couldn't see Riven just winning anymore. The entire fight was completely new to me. It was a lot of fun to write. (especially working out Yi's abilities in a logical sense! :P)

But I think I'll need to change that process a little for Tales of Fury. It'll be much harder to write on the spot if I've got more characters to follow. It needs to be more coordinated.
Who knows, it might be more fun to just write outlines of the characters and throw them in random situations. Let hilarity ensue.

So, when you have a general idea of the plot do you mean the plot of that chapter or the over-arching plot? A story this long is rather intimidating, and I'm wondering how the structure of the over-arching narrative was formed.

Cerubois

03-19-2013

Quote:
Who knows, it might be more fun to just write outlines of the characters and throw them in random situations. Let hilarity ensue.

So, when you have a general idea of the plot do you mean the plot of that chapter or the over-arching plot? A story this long is rather intimidating, and I'm wondering how the structure of the over-arching narrative was formed.
Lol. I might be able to do that to some extent. In fact, that might be a good idea just to figure out ideas. Just start writing a few of them in the same room and see how they react to each other.

I meant more 'chapter plot' than 'main plot'. When I started, the idea I had for the main plot could have been finished in about 8 chapters, including Riven's trip to Ionia. But as I wrote more chapters, I had more ideas, and the main plot was extended accordingly (I don't know if I managed this part well enough >.<).
Now I put more priority on the chapter plots, because they can affect the main plot all too easily! I think I'd rather have a chapter that flows well by itself than try to force it into an idea I had a year ago. :P

RightJustified

03-19-2013

Quote:
Lol. I might be able to do that to some extent. In fact, that might be a good idea just to figure out ideas. Just start writing a few of them in the same room and see how they react to each other.

I meant more 'chapter plot' than 'main plot'. When I started, the idea I had for the main plot could have been finished in about 8 chapters, including Riven's trip to Ionia. But as I wrote more chapters, I had more ideas, and the main plot was extended accordingly (I don't know if I managed this part well enough >.<).
Now I put more priority on the chapter plots, because they can affect the main plot all too easily! I think I'd rather have a chapter that flows well by itself than try to force it into an idea I had a year ago. :P
Ahh, makes sense. So as far as overall plot goes, you're just rolling with the punches?

A story this big is rather intimidating from a plot perspective. There's quite a bit happening, and I was curious how you kept it all organized.

Well, I'm going to get to bed now. Thanks for responding to my questions. Would you like to play league in the future?

Cerubois

03-20-2013

Quote:
Ahh, makes sense. So as far as overall plot goes, you're just rolling with the punches?

A story this big is rather intimidating from a plot perspective. There's quite a bit happening, and I was curious how you kept it all organized.

Well, I'm going to get to bed now. Thanks for responding to my questions. Would you like to play league in the future?
Pretty much. :P
I've got the last chapter mostly written in my head, but I'm not going to finalize it 'til I get there, since I might make some changes along the way.

I don't particularly see it as intimidating, but that's probably because I know what's going on in the background. :P
It started off incredibly simple. I wanted an antagonist summoner that would piss off Riven and cause conflict. Then a couple more ideas grew out of that. Then Irelia happened, and a couple more ideas grew out of that. All I've really got to do is make sure I jot down loose ends as they come up, so I can wrap them up by the end. The list isn't as long as you might think.

Add me in-game!

RightJustified

03-20-2013

Okay, I sent a request. Will you be on later today?