Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
What you said about Lux's deception if Riven, I don't understand why it was a big deal. I mean, sure, she lied to her, but she didn't do it to hurt Riven, so I think Riven just overreacted. I mean, I am the type of person that doesn't get mad about much, but... Yeah. I'm rambling lol.
Think about it. Riven's been in exile for quite some time (not sure exactly how long) after massacring thousands of Ionian's. She's also abandoned Noxus, a crime punishable by death. Lastly, Noxus is Demacia's nemesis city-state, and the relationship between them is hostile and unfriendly.

With all of this, Riven believes herself to be an outcast from everybody. She believes that nobody could possibly understand her, trust her, or be kind to her. Because of this, she has walled her emotions inside of her, disallowing her to trust or reciprocate kindness.

Yet Lux breaches that by being extremely over-friendly. Riven allows herself to be taken clothes shopping after meeting the summoner at night, and this is really the first steps towards opening herself up. But due to her inexperience with these interactions, she's very tentative and cautious. Lux prods repeatedly, and Riven's experience with Irelia pushes Riven out of her wall forcefully. Riven, ready to allow herself to trust Lux, finds out that their entire interaction (the events that have allowed Riven to open up) has been a sham.

BenDrowns

12-17-2012

Out of curiosity, how long do you plan to make this series? Sorry if it's somewhere in these 78 pages, I'm lazy. I've been reading for the past week, and it's amazing.
Keep it up!

Cerubois

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian Mercenary View Post
Think about it. Riven's been in exile for quite some time (not sure exactly how long) after massacring thousands of Ionian's. She's also abandoned Noxus, a crime punishable by death. Lastly, Noxus is Demacia's nemesis city-state, and the relationship between them is hostile and unfriendly.

With all of this, Riven believes herself to be an outcast from everybody. She believes that nobody could possibly understand her, trust her, or be kind to her. Because of this, she has walled her emotions inside of her, disallowing her to trust or reciprocate kindness.

Yet Lux breaches that by being extremely over-friendly. Riven allows herself to be taken clothes shopping after meeting the summoner at night, and this is really the first steps towards opening herself up. But due to her inexperience with these interactions, she's very tentative and cautious. Lux prods repeatedly, and Riven's experience with Irelia pushes Riven out of her wall forcefully. Riven, ready to allow herself to trust Lux, finds out that their entire interaction (the events that have allowed Riven to open up) has been a sham.
... Believe it or not, this summary kinda blew my mind. o.o
You make it sound so professional. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doabarrelrolln00 View Post
Out of curiosity, how long do you plan to make this series? Sorry if it's somewhere in these 78 pages, I'm lazy. I've been reading for the past week, and it's amazing.
Keep it up!
I think there will be somewhere between 3 and 5 more chapters. I don't want to drag it out too much, and I believe it would be appropriate to end it soonish... As surreal as that sounds.

Drakojan

12-17-2012

Oh. Well that made sense. Thanks lol.
ONLY 5 MORE CHAPTERS?? You have to write me another story after this one.

Cerubois

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
Oh. Well that made sense. Thanks lol.
ONLY 5 MORE CHAPTERS?? You have to write me another story after this one.
I've already got one in the works. It'll be directly tied to Guiding Light, but will focus on Fury Company (Riven's company) before and during the Ionian War. I've already created and introduced several of the characters, so I figured it would be a neat idea to give them their own story. :3

It'll also be my first time writing a tragedy... Not sure how I feel about that. :/

Shiny Shuppet

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
I've already got one in the works. It'll be directly tied to Guiding Light, but will focus on Fury Company (Riven's company) before and during the Ionian War. I've already created and introduced several of the characters, so I figured it would be a neat idea to give them their own story. :3

It'll also be my first time writing a tragedy... Not sure how I feel about that. :/
I really feel like creating a smurf for NA just to upvote this more. I thought I would feel empty after you've finished Guiding Light, but now I know I won't have to worry about it. Thanks.

BenDrowns

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
I think there will be somewhere between 3 and 5 more chapters. I don't want to drag it out too much, and I believe it would be appropriate to end it soonish... As surreal as that sounds.
What a shame, please do the latter, the former would depress me. Guess nothing lasts forever, but I'll still wait eagerly for 14. Thanks for making such a good story!

Minzzway

12-18-2012

Best fanfiction NA.

Mr Ratz

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eila Ilmatar View Post
Best fanfiction NA.
Arguable. Wounded exists : P

Cerubois

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ratz View Post
Arguable. Wounded exists : P
I'll let Silver be my #1 any day. ;P