Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakojan

12-13-2012

Oh. I was just afraid you died. Give us updates on your busy college life!

Edit: So Lux fell in love with Riven before but Riven doesn't remember? Sounds interesting..

Noxian Mercenary

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post

Edit: So Lux fell in love with Riven before but Riven doesn't remember? Sounds interesting..
Odds are Riven never knew of the interaction. Remember that Lux's primary skillset in the Demacian military was spying and stealth...she'd probably noticed Riven while sneaking around Noxus, and somehow Riven had gotten a hold of her attention.

rajeetmalarkey

12-13-2012

im dying ceru

Cerubois

12-14-2012

Quote:
Eh... You don't really wanna know my college life. It's just 6-8 hours of work every day right now. >.>

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian Mercenary View Post
Odds are Riven never knew of the interaction. Remember that Lux's primary skillset in the Demacian military was spying and stealth...she'd probably noticed Riven while sneaking around Noxus, and somehow Riven had gotten a hold of her attention.
Hmmmmmm, not too far off. I'm glad it's one of the more obvious chapters. Means I've done a good job of setting it up. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeetmalarkey View Post
im dying ceru
Sorry umm.... Here's a defib?

Noxian Mercenary

12-15-2012

I just realized that at the end Lux states that "this isn't the first time we've met."

So, they've met..? I'd've thought that Riven would quickly recognize Lux when she first went to the League, but maybe Lux was under some sorta guise.

Shesocold

12-16-2012

This is probably my favorite fan-fiction On the forums, it does a very good job of creating an alternate world that the reader can immerse themselves in. Well written transitions and aside from a few personal preferences the word choice is great as well. The only constructive feedback I can provide is from what I remember after reading this a month ago, and that is to possibly add some more meaning to the colors you use. Such as using white to represent innocence green to represent cunning red to represent passion etc.

I wouldn't take my advice too seriously since I'm not the best writer but I am hoping to get better and would like to ask if you or anyone else wouldn't mind adding me in game so I can send them a teaser to a fan fiction I got the idea for and get some feedback before I finish writing the first chapter.

Noxian Mercenary

12-16-2012

Shesocold you can add me in-game and I'll help. Though I've not written any fanfics yet, I'm conceptualizing my first one and I've read multiple ones from here.

Cerubois

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
This is probably my favorite fan-fiction On the forums, it does a very good job of creating an alternate world that the reader can immerse themselves in. Well written transitions and aside from a few personal preferences the word choice is great as well. The only constructive feedback I can provide is from what I remember after reading this a month ago, and that is to possibly add some more meaning to the colors you use. Such as using white to represent innocence green to represent cunning red to represent passion etc.

I wouldn't take my advice too seriously since I'm not the best writer but I am hoping to get better and would like to ask if you or anyone else wouldn't mind adding me in game so I can send them a teaser to a fan fiction I got the idea for and get some feedback before I finish writing the first chapter.
Thank you for your compliments and input.

I'll be honest, I usually don't even think about metaphors when I'm writing. Sometimes they turn up on their own, and I feel rather clever about them for a while, but I never put the emphasis on them. It's my own personal preference. I don't want Riven's sword to be a black obelisk of regret or Lux's eyes to be a ocean of twinkling stars (sad examples, I know). I'd rather just state what the characters are thinking, as it makes it more relatable (in my opinion).
Any morals or messages I want to get across will hopefully not be completely obvious, but if you take the time to think about it, you'll see them. A good example which I don't mind pointing out is Lux's deception of Riven. I wanted to see how people reacted to it, and in the process remind them that we all do it. Maybe we don't go to the degree that Lux went to, but we don't exactly know her circumstances (yet ). I was happy to see readers who reacted strongly to it, some even as horrified as Riven, but I was also happy to see the ones who understood right away. It's a win-win situation. Either I'm grabbing people's emotions, or I'm connecting with them in a meaningful way.

As for your story, if you can wait a couple weeks I'll be able to help out. At the moment, I'm rather busy with college and Christmas. >.>

Drakojan

12-16-2012

What you said about Lux's deception if Riven, I don't understand why it was a big deal. I mean, sure, she lied to her, but she didn't do it to hurt Riven, so I think Riven just overreacted. I mean, I am the type of person that doesn't get mad about much, but... Yeah. I'm rambling lol.

Quelea

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Thank you for your compliments and input.

As for your story, if you can wait a couple weeks I'll be able to help out. At the moment, I'm rather busy with college and Christmas. >.>
Thank you and your welcome I'm just trying to give any feedback that might make your writing stronger, which is pretty difficult by the way. And the main reason I want to keep the story quiet at the moment is because I have a really good feeling about the story line and don't want to give it away

Oops I was logged into my brother's account lol XD