Non english speaking players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diøs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
there are morons all over the world, doesn't matter what language they speak.
qft! +1

Dreage

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
There are morons all over the world, doesn't matter what language they speak.
he has a point

gotito

07-03-2010

I think u played with a noob, an ex doter carri that the only thing he did well was farming. Its a part of playing solo queues, not knowing where the hell the other is from and how hes gonna play!

Lightsaga

07-03-2010

:/ im sorry to dissapoint you but no matter the language, everyone can be *****, at least I know that the most feeders/flamers I have played with speak english.

also if you are in a good ELO bracket, any person you team up with must be around your level, no matter the language.

Nosef

07-03-2010

Someone has every right to be annoyed if an american isn't speakin american, just as any other countryman has the right to be annoyed if someone in their country isn't speakin the native tongue. However, pinging and simple commands are universal so language should not be a problem. I can't recall the last game I've typed out anything more advanced than "X hero mia" or the like. That being said, in my experience, foreign premades tend to work with eath other to the detriment of the rest of the team

Garborg

07-03-2010

Sounds more like an American putting their 5 year old on the game rather than foreign language...

Might sound strange, but are you sure all your players can read yet?

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

and i played with a chinese ashe that carried us without speaking to us at all the entire game

Diøs

Recruiter

07-03-2010

If I can bring something interesting, this guy have 1 win in his 10 last games and he feed in all of them. (he's -5 win-lose ratio)

So I think even if it was an english only server, he would still lose...

Aarku

07-03-2010

Should just get someone in here to do a quick LoL translation post... tell me what "run" or "care" or "help" is in some of the languages and I should be fine.

One game I was in I had some guy spamming chat and I had no clue what he was saying, then he said "El teemo".. I was playing teemo at the time so I assume I was doing something to annoy him lol.

Then I have had teammates that are speaking english and then all the sudden change to a different language mid game, so I have no clue at all what they are saying again and then they get angry when you don't do what they wanted.

GrieVe

07-03-2010

I don't really see it as an issue. Basically, if someone is so incredibly dense that they refuse to go where the team is when its clear that laning and farming is not the right option and doesn't respond at all to pings (which lets face it, no real language barrier involved with the shining blue dot telling you where to go), then would them speaking English really help?

I mean, I don't speak Chinese, but if I were on a team of a bunch of people talking in another language and people kept pinging me and then a location I would be able to figure out pretty quick was the implication was. Sure you can't get incredibly precise strategies done... but how many regular pub games involve things so complex that you can't figure it out by just following the rest of the team?

Basically, there are terrible players out there. A certain percent of the time, said terrible player doesn't speak English. People then use that one experience and generalize that servers should be English-only. I've played with plenty of people with english names who were just dumb, played stupid, and rarely spoke (and talked in English when they did.) Non-english speakers aren't a problem.