Non english speaking players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norathek

07-03-2010

I thought I'd bring this up because its causing me tons of grief.

I feel that allowing people from other continents to play on US servers is causing game ending scenarios where key team members, (say your only tank) cant understand or talk to you. I'm not trying to come off as against other nationalities, I just wish somebody would address said issue.

Its insanely frustrating to go into game after game and have that odd player that doesnt talk at all and doesnt respond to pings. The hell are we supposed to do then?

We had a chinese player in our last game that spent his entire time farming lanes while we were dying in 4v5 teamfights. His inability to understand us ruined the game..And this has happened so many times lately that its starting to come off as a major issue in a heavily team based and communication-centric game.

Anyone else experiencing such a frustration? I feel it should be addressed with region specific server locking.

Uccisore

07-03-2010

Other games do this. I don't know if they bother to lock out other regions, or if they just say "This is the Spanish Server", put all the documentation in Spanish, and assume people will sort themselves. That, to me, seems like a better solution than basing it on location.

H4MBURGERS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

I feel like blaming language barriers is disingenuous, as anyone who can't understand pings or simple, common terminology like "mia", "b", etc shouldn't be playing the game anyways.

Also, game after game? I've only come across a few such cases. Just take your lumps and move on.

Deathlordx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

¿Que?

Dreage

07-03-2010

im chinese

so we need servers that say ALL CHINESE HERE
SPANISH HERE
AMERICANS HERE
ASIANS HERE
OTHER

that seems like segregation if u ask me

justanother

07-03-2010

Haha, now that you've brought it up, yesterday I solo queued and ended up with 3 Chinese players who pre-made. Granted they actually knew how to speak English, they kept typing in Chinese to each other. Luckily, I can actually understand the language so we still had a decent game. But for the people not responding to ping or anything, I doubt it has anything really to do with the language barrier because there are players out there who just aren't team players. Even for those people who actually type in English sometimes and don't join team battles, they may just be stubborn players.

EtherMage

07-03-2010

I understand that no being able to communicate with teamates can be reaaly frustrating and gamebraking, but forbidding people from other continents to play in the US server would be awful. There are many people who can speak English well enough to talk to teamates and are not americans (I would be one of them). Many of my friends in LoL are from the US/Canada and I would hate not beeing able to play with them just because some people can't speak english. It would punish many players instead of only those who can't speak English.

Please don't do this Riot ^^'

Diøs

Recruiter

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norathek View Post
I thought I'd bring this up because its causing me tons of grief.

I feel that allowing people from other continents to play on US servers is causing game ending scenarios where key team members, (say your only tank) cant understand or talk to you. I'm not trying to come off as against other nationalities, I just wish somebody would address said issue.

Its insanely frustrating to go into game after game and have that odd player that doesnt talk at all and doesnt respond to pings. The hell are we supposed to do then?

We had a chinese player in our last game that spent his entire time farming lanes while we were dying in 4v5 teamfights. His inability to understand us ruined the game..And this has happened so many times lately that its starting to come off as a major issue in a heavily team based and communication-centric game.

Anyone else experiencing such a frustration? I feel it should be addressed with region specific server locking.
I know it might be hard to believe, but there's a lot people in YOUR country (USA) that don't speak English! I thought you might want to know this...

Dreage

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMage View Post
I understand that no being able to communicate with teamates can be reaaly frustrating and gamebraking, but forbidding people from other continents to play in the US server would be awful. There are many people who can speak English well enough to talk to teamates and are not americans (I would be one of them). Many of my friends in LoL are from the US/Canada and I would hate not beeing able to play with them just because some people can't speak english. It would punish many players instead of only those who can't speak English.

Please don't do this Riot ^^'
they wont its segregation and in the United States it is illegal

jerzy

07-03-2010

There are morons all over the world, doesn't matter what language they speak.