Malzahar HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GayBubbles

11-30-2011

ok in the begging i went 4-0 starting raping heim and gang plank however by mid game it was getting very hard and my end score came out 9/9/5

Pregnaloons

11-30-2011

So you are doing well in a lane situation against 1 opponent, but losing that advantage later on in team fights? Sounds like a classic case of positioning.

Later on you want to hang back in fights, hit your Q from a distance, or use your E on minions that might jump towards an enemy. Wait for the right time to hit your ultimate onto an enemy, if they get out of position, or if they come charging towards you thinking they can take you on. Slap your W under them and then use your ult to keep them there.

It's more difficult to do, but if you can, time it so that a minion or two is out when you do this, and your E is also on them, to maximise your damage. Most importantly though, is let your teammates be at the front, stay back and use your spells to your advantage, before nuking down anyone stupid enough to get caught out.

GayBubbles

11-30-2011

yea i allways poke poke poke until there relly weak then i us e then ultimate but the problem was my team would run away from team fights so when i tried ot get away i would get slaughters it was me volibear olaf talon and miss fortune battling hermindinger (a horibble one only made it to level 11 when we all hit 18),talon,nasus,ashe,and gangplank

GayBubbles

11-30-2011

bump

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Malz has been my main for a while, and is still my go-to champ when I'm tired of losing, or I just want to melt some faces. XD

My build is a little risky if you're not careful, but it makes up for it if you are:

Runes: Right now, I go with MPen reds, HP quints, and Mp5/lvl blues and yellows. I have been meaning to try out AP runes, but I haven't saved up the IP to get them yet.

Masteries: Again, I have been meaning to test out some other options, but atm, I go 21/9/0, getting all the AP ones in offense and improved ignite, and MR/Armor, HP, and HP/lvl in defense.

Summoner Spells: Flash/Ignite. Malzahar has no good escape or gap closer, so Flash is invaluable. I just as often use it to jump on top of someone for the pool-ult combo as I do to get away. Ignite combos insanely well with Visions + voidling, and is great against healers.

Items: Dorans ring to start. That + Quints + masteries starts me with almost 700 HP IIRC. First trip back depends on how much gold I have, though I always get at least tier 1 boots. If I have enough, I go straight for Sorc shoes, if not I get boots + amplifying tome, and a couple health pots if I have money left over. Next trip back, I finish Sorc shoes if I didn't already, get Mejais, and start on GA. What order I get the components of GA depends on the enemy team comp, how I'm doing in lane, if the jungler is good, etc, but I always get GA immediately after Mejais, to make sure I keep those stacks. Once GA is finished, I go for Deathcap. The last items are situational, but I typically get Abyssal to round out my defenses and increase my MPen. Void staff is only an option if they build more than I think it was 80 MR, and even then I have to weigh the increased damage against the high MR from Abyssal. Rylais is also a great item for Malz, giving you HP and an awesome slow.

Note: You should not need mana items. Runes + careful use of Visions (or blue buff) should be all you'll need.

Tips:
- Master the Voidling. There are so many uses for it: farming, pushing lanes, knocking down towers, absorbing skillshots, tanking towers/minions, dealing damage; the list goes on. Zoned out? drop a visions and let your minion farm for you. Fighting Morg? drop your minion to block dark binding. Opponent left mid? Push the lane, and take out their turret. One thing you have to be careful of with turrets is that the voidling has aggro priority over normal minions. It won't switch from a target to the voidling, but once it's done it will target the voidling first. So in order to get the max amount of damage/tanking against a tower, you want to keep the voidling out of range until it's gotten it's 3rd growth. Also, voidlings attacking enemy champs draw turret aggro to you, not to the voidling, so stay just outside the turret range. One thing I've noticed is people always underestimate how much damage the voidling does. Early game, Visions + voidling can easily take out half an enemy's health before they even notice. I have gotten many a kill from an overconfident enemy with low health getting in range of Visions+Ignite+voidling.

- CotV also has multiple uses, so learn to aim it.
The silence allows you to poke casters without worrying about retaliation, and is great for escaping champs who rely on gap closers to chase. I always drop a Q to help allies who are running, cause it will either scare off the chasers or silence them. One nice use of CotV is scouting, since the little spheres on the ends give vision. It's useful for avoiding ganks, checking if the enemy is at Baron/Dragon, or even stealing it if you time it right. It's also great for zoning enemies, since it has a long range; in fact, both CotV and Null Zone can zone enemies under their towers without being in range.

- Don't be afraid to use your ult without your pool. It does a fair amount of damage by itself. and often times all you want is the suppression. You can bait them under a tower and then ult them, or just hold them long enough for your teammates to arrive. It also has a relatively short cooldown at max level.

- Get blue if at all possible. Don't steal it from a jungler who needs it, but if you can get it, you won't have to worry about mana at all, and you can spam spells to your heart's content.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

In teamfights, spam them AoEs. They have really long range which is perfect for say...not dying. Don't rush in to drop a Vision on them since its actually your "short range spell". Go figure.

I mean, drop it when you can but you don't wanna be the guy on the team that is furtherest into the enemy. One quick Taunt, Immobilize, Stun, whatever, and they will jump on you, kick your ass and you are done.

Fraux

12-01-2011

Runes: MP Reds, MP5/AP Yellows, AP per level Blues, MS Quints.

Masteries: 21/0/9, all AP masteries on the right, and MS + Buff Duration in Utility. Malz really doesn't need the MP5 with his visions.

Summoners: Flash/Ignite

Skill Order: E-Q-R-W

Laning: Put a point into Q first, and charge it up in fountain so you can have Voidling up with the next cast. From there on, max E first and use it for harassment/farming. Try not to spam Q until you have Catalyst, as generally it's going to miss and E is infinitely better for harassing. If you get them low enough, E + Ignite might snag you a kill, especially with the new Executioner mastery in Offence (try casting both on them and then using Q behind them, for when they run). Level 6 should be a near-guaranteed kill for you, assuming you've harassed the enemy enough. Your Ulti + Pool combo (ALWAYS lay down your pool before using ulti) followed by E and Ignite are enough to kill anything.

Items: Boots/3HP, Catalyst, Deathcap, Sorc Boots, then build Catalyst into Rod of Ages, Void Staff, Rylais, Zhonya's.