Malzahar HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nullsign

Systems Engineer

11-30-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayBubbles View Post
Ok so my first very games EVER in league of legends i used malzahar and raped like 11/0/4 rape with him so today i bought him with 10$ worth of rp but now im sucking with him i need a build i need level up abilities everything i wanna use my money's worth.
I main Malzahar...

Though some may chuckle at my build, here it is...

I build him a little strangely as I like to send him solo top lane after our spell rework thanks to the addition of Promote for extra lane pushing.

Runes: +8.5 Magic Penetration / +29 Straight AP
Masteries: 6 (Mental Force/Sorcery) - 0 - 24 (grabbing wealth)
Lane: Solo Top (prefer) or Solo Mid.
Spells: Flash / Promote

Initial Item Buy: Doran's Ring & 1 Mana Potion to help with mana issues until you can level up your Malefic Visions to stabilize mana usage. Some people prefer a health potion, but Malz has good range if you play him right, and seems to do fine with the mana pot there to keep you from backing too soon.

(Note: Doublelift suggests boots + health pots instead for first items)

Item Build Progession is this: Doran's Ring & Mana Pot, Boots, Sorcerer's Shoes, Hextech Revolver, Rode of Ages, Revolver->Will of the Ancients, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter., Void Staff...

I start with Malefic Visions and max it out fiirst, (E>Q>W) in this build.

The core of the build is from the early game hextech revolver/will of the ancients, Malephic Visions normally restores a bit of mana for each kill, with spell vamp you will be recovering mana and health. So long as Malz can feed off enemy creep waves, he should be fine early game

EDIT: fixed typo gunblade->revolver


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Evil81

Member

11-30-2011

glass cannon ftw

bot+3pot->sorc shoes->raba-> adapt to what they build


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RawrCrono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2011

Start boots+3pot, if you are dominating the lane go 3 doran rings followed up with a deathcap. If you are struggling got catalyst ->RoA then deathcap.


One thing that will help you immensely is making sure you get the last hit on the minions to get the bonus gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Broseiden

Senior Member

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullsign View Post
I main Malzahar...

Though some may chuckle at my build, here it is...

I build him a little strangely as I like to send him solo top lane after our spell rework thanks to the addition of Promote for extra lane pushing.

Runes: +8.5 Magic Penetration / +29 Straight AP
Masteries: 6 (Mental Force/Sorcery) - 0 - 24 (grabbing wealth)
Lane: Solo Top (prefer) or Solo Mid.
Spells: Flash / Promote

Initial Item Buy: Doran's Ring & 1 Mana Potion to help with mana issues until you can level up your Malefic Visions to stabilize mana usage. Some people prefer a health potion, but Malz has good range if you play him right, and seems to do fine with the mana pot there to keep you from backing too soon.

(Note: Doublelift suggests boots + health pots instead for first items)

Item Build Progession is this: Doran's Ring & Mana Pot, Boots, Sorcerer's Shoes, Hextech Gunblade, Rode of Ages, Gunblade->Will of the Ancients, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter., Void Staff...

I start with Malefic Visions and max it out fiirst, (E>Q>W) in this build.

The core of the build is from the early game hextech revolver/will of the ancients, Malephic Visions normally restores a bit of mana for each kill, with spell vamp you will be recovering mana and health. So long as Malz can feed off enemy creep waves, he should be fine early game
So much fail......



MORE LIKE PROMOTE/FLASH NOOB

no one plays with their escape spells close to their ultimate...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jokull

Senior Member

11-30-2011

nullsign means hextech revolver btw. ive always had a hard time upgrading my gunblade to a wota... other than that... unorthodox, but i like it. nice to not have to send a bruiser top


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nullsign

Systems Engineer

11-30-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
nullsign means hextech revolver btw. ive always had a hard time upgrading my gunblade to a wota... other than that... unorthodox, but i like it. nice to not have to send a bruiser top
Yep, typo'd there, I just corrected it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nullsign

Systems Engineer

11-30-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseiden View Post
So much fail......



MORE LIKE PROMOTE/FLASH NOOB

no one plays with their escape spells close to their ultimate...
Ok, that made me LOL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pregnaloons

Senior Member

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayBubbles View Post
pregnaloons the mastries are outdated on it
Ah yes I see, ah well, you get the general gist of it in any case. Don't throw away a good guide just because the masteries haven't been updated as of a month ago.

Also, people put too much importance on a "Build". Don't be stuck with one item route, it will get you slammed in so many games. Make sure you adapt your items to the enemy team. If they have a ton of AP damage, you will need some MR, as an AP carry yourself, you'll probably want an Abyssal scepter (it's actually a really good item, but doesn't get used much).

Conversly if they have a lot of AD, you'll want a Zhonyas hourglass for the armour and the active. If they are doing barely any damage to you or just don't seem to know to focus you in a teamfight, you can go pure ap damage items.

However maybe 2 other people pick AP bursters who've called mid, but you've already locked in Malzahar? Go some kind of support Malzahar, get max CDR and a WotA and spam Q in fights while using your ult to peel off danger from your carries.

Your build should also change depending on where you are. Sometimes Malz can be called on to solo top, and in that case you want some sustain, and then I would definitely get a hextech almost first up. If not a tear before that, or even a philo stone despite being solo.

Try out any and all things you want to, sometimes what works for others wont work for you, and sometimes you find something everybody else thinks is awful, but you do really well with. It's all about practice!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GayBubbles

Member

11-30-2011

Thanks for the help null im going to try it right now and describe any issues i had too see if its they way im playing him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opreich

Senior Member

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullsign View Post
Yep, typo'd there, I just corrected it.
You fixed the second time you said that, you still called it a gunblade the first time. =/


123