Malzahar HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GayBubbles

11-29-2011

Ok so my first very games EVER in league of legends i used malzahar and raped like 11/0/4 rape with him so today i bought him with 10$ worth of rp but now im sucking with him i need a build i need level up abilities everything i wanna use my money's worth.

PKHustle

11-29-2011

Go to MOBAFire and look for a build on him, there's plenty. Google it.

Pregnaloons

11-29-2011

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1629

Here's a guide by Reginald, a very highly rated player who also plays Malzahar fairly often. Give it a go! If in doubt for any other champions, try guide sites like SoloMid or Mobafire as suggested above. Or just look at the stickied thread that contains all the in-site guides.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Try this Malzahar Guide:

http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-malzahar-guide

GayBubbles

11-30-2011

pregnaloons the mastries are outdated on it

tempname076325

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHustle View Post
Go to MOBAFire and look for a build on him, there's plenty. Google it.
Stop. Using. Mobafire.

http://solomid.net or it's not a guide.

Warrrrax

11-30-2011

Maltazar is a pretty solid champ with high AP ratios.

He needs:
* Survivability. Health, magic resist, and some armor. While glass-cannon is possible due to his Ult, I would not recommend it for new players!
* AP - primary stat like many spellcasters.
* Could use some extra mana or mana regen. He is better off than many casters though.
* CDR is important, mostly to ensure that his Ult is available when needed and to be able to spam the AoEs in team fights better. His Damage over time already has very fast Cooldown.
* Escape mechanism and mobility. This is why Flash or Ghost are practically mandatory on him. You might even take both.

ITEMS:
I would recommend a Catalyst to Rod of Ages as a first item. This greatly extends your survivability and boosts your mana pool enough to take care of most mana concerns.

sorc shoes are a given. The 20 Magic pen is hard to otherwise buy and better than other shoes can provide...even Ionic boots.

Abyssal Scepter is very strong offensively and covers your Magic resistance. I'd get the early negatron cloak and then upgrade the scepter later on.

Deathcap is obviously very strong.

Evil Tome is tempting. The mana regen is somewhat redundant with Rod of Ages but the CDR and AP are very cost effective.

Rylais Scepter is decent. The slow effect redundant when comboing 1 guy with ult, but is more useful with your 2 big AoEs in a teamfight. You do pay a lot for the slow though. If you take Rylais, consider ditching the Rod of Ages and going with an evil tome to fix your mana situation.

Void staff - a 6th item pick if they are stacking magic resist. Sorc shoes, runes and Abyssal penetrate 50 MR though, which is usually enough to deal significant damage to non-tanks.

hextech sweeper - a decent dominion choice. CDR, health, AP in a cost-effective package, plus the antistealth/vision effects.

Zhonyas hourglass - great source of armor, with a lifesaving clickey. Tons of AP too. A good lategame item.

Will of the Ancients - an odd choice, but spell vamp really does keep your health up.

Avoid Archangels - it is alright, but you dont have a need to stack tons of mana. You need survivability which AA doesnt provide.

Masteries:

You will probably want 21 defense or 21 utility to get the much needed CDR. You will want 9 offense to pick up the 10% spell penetration, even though you take a good amount of flat penetation.

Going 21 offense is tempting due to the high AP gains, but you are stuck with only 4% CDR, which puts you at 10% starting (with 6% blue runes). This isn't terrible, but you really want to start with 15%+.

Runes: red magic pen is standard. blue flat cooldown reduction are pretty standard. Yellow is usually armor since you get a high MR item fast...the armor is a good way to balance defenses. MP5 is fine too.
Quints are usually health, more magic pen.

Pure Evil81

11-30-2011

im a personal fan of glass-cannon malzahar

low sustain, high damage

Warrrrax

11-30-2011

Forgot something. Another benefit of 21 utility is that you can take Wealth and start with 40 extra gold. This allows you to take a Dorans Ring and a health potion. The extra 150 health can certainly help the sustain, while giving you a health advantage, some nice mana regen, and a chunk of extra AP.

GayBubbles

11-30-2011

i tried all thoe guide and didnt do much better at all in fact i did worse