Teemo...AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monty Mastini

07-03-2010

The Teemos I've played against or with have been AD and some of them have had huge games, but his skills give AP bonuses. I tried a game using AP items and each mushroom was doing like 800 damage. Q was high too. But I get the feeling AD is best because of the poison and stuff?

What's a recommended item guideline from start to finish? Thanks

Virginia Woolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

AD, AP build is kinda lame.

Trouble is, he's also not really the best AD champ either, there are plenty who are more effective in the role.

jaewon

07-03-2010

I go a mixture of both.

I tend to get Guinsoos, Nashor (Cool down + AP + attack speed) then go for the Blood Thirster, Infinity, and Triforce (if I can even afford all of those).

Guinsoos gives that early game advantage of AP + AD damage (while using your mushrooms as well don't forget). Nashors gives the necessary cool down + attack speed (while stacking with Guinsoos). After that going pure damage is the best viable thing you can do since you're right clicking most of the time (unless you're running from lane to lane being a pain *like me* putting mushrooms everywhere and taking all their creeps.

But either way it's all preferences.

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

AP shrooms are very annoying but they r easily countered by Oracle...
so i would say that AD is better

Carados

07-03-2010

They're both pretty bad, honestly.

Keep in mind the poison doesn't actually apply to every hit, the tooltip is wrong. Literally the only skill which makes Teemo a viable carry is his passive. You're better off building AD on Annie and Zilean.

Keep in mind AP is worse then that.

Zarifes

07-03-2010

AP is pretty good the first 20min when hitting a shroom can be life or death, but further into late game? He becomes pointless and one item can completely ruin his entire build.

ApostlePeter

07-03-2010

ap is the only way to go

Monty Mastini

07-03-2010

Kind of disappointed with what I'm reading. I didn't know Teemo was considered to be this sub-par. I still find him fun to play so I guess it's alright. The last game I did a mixture of AD and AP and did ok. Even bought the Hextech Gunblade (is that any good, btw?) because it has +45 AD and +55 AP

Zarifes

07-03-2010

The hextech is good, my friend plays him (he is pretty fun) from time to time and the spell vamp on the gunblade regens quite a but when an enemy hits a shroom. Plus the poison is spellvamped, AND the dmg is lifevamped, so pretty good.

Or am I waaaaay off here? ahah

The SHP

07-03-2010

teemo's just kinda meh either way. As AD he has no steroid skill or instant cc to pump up his killing strength, he just has a blind to counter other dps. As AP his shrooms can get annoying, but are ultimately avoidable, and he can have decent burst with blind + lich bane, but that's only gonna do anything special with a lot of AP and only against squishies.