FPS drop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faconi

07-03-2010

I play the game with everything on very low, and I get like 90 fps always. Just recently this started happening, where my fps will go from 80-90 all the way down to a constant 10. It will not revert back unless i reboot the PC.

I used to play WoW, and stopped playing because this was constantly happening in that game as well. It happens only while playing games, regardless of their demand on the pc.

Any help or insight on what this problem may be would be appriciated.

Tyaeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

Its a bit of a longshot, but have you dusted the inside of your computer recently?

A friend of mine who was staying at my house for a while had the exact same problem and we couldn't figure out the problem for the life of us. We dusted the inside of the computer as a last resort and discovered that the video card and processor where overheating due to a buildup of dust.

I also used to lag on WoW during raids and dust was the culprit in my scenario as well.

Faconi

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyaeth View Post
Its a bit of a longshot, but have you dusted the inside of your computer recently?

A friend of mine who was staying at my house for a while had the exact same problem and we couldn't figure out the problem for the life of us. We dusted the inside of the computer as a last resort and discovered that the video card and processor where overheating due to a buildup of dust.

I also used to lag on WoW during raids and dust was the culprit in my scenario as well.
Gunna go to the office store tomorrow and buy a can or 2 of dust off. I checked inside and it was a tad dusty, Ive had the pc for almost a year so it is about time to clean it (its also only an inch from the floor, so that doesn't help with dust).

Thanks for the insight, i thought it would be this but i just wasn't sure.