Regarding the Jungle 'Changes'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

As a lot of people have guessed, TT didn't receive all the changes SR received. Here's what's has and hasn't changed.

Small camps: They are the same strength and yield the same amount of exp. From what i can tell, only the small wraiths have had nerfed gold values. They now give 4 gold as opposed to 12.

Buffs: buffs are the same

Potions: Heal 50 health less than before. THIS IS THE REALLY BAD GAME BREAKING PART

What I think this means- Of all of these, the health potion nerf is the most offensive. This severely limits the number of viable junglers and it still hurts the rest of them.

The reduced wraith gold is dumb. Based on the lack of other changes this is a sloppy and stupid mistake. This means that if one side gets the mixed camp and the other gets wraiths, the team with the wraiths is put as a severe disadvantage.

My correspondence with Riot regarding the jungle, Jaws is the guy in charge of college related stuff in LoL, but he has a better shot at getting the info to Morello than any of us so yeah.

I have a somewhat selfish favor to ask. As it is highly likely that the changes that occured in the Twisted Treeline go unnoticed i wanted to utilize all the resources I have available. That being said, can you tell Morello, Guinsoo and Classick about the following regarding the Twisted Treeline jungle:

1. Health potions were nerfed, but all of the jungle creeps still do the same amount of damage.

2. The gold value of the lesser wraiths in the small middle camp were reduced to 4 gold per kill as opposed to 12 gold (this being the only apparent change to the jungle creeps)

Conclusion: Junglers must now back frequently when before they would do a few camps and gank. The number of viable junglers has diminished.

I don't think this was intended, and the 3s community is hurting from these changes.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the heads up. I canít promise anything but I will let you know that the team is aware of the issue in 3s as well as 5s

Cheers,
Jaws

Kritzkrieg00

11-29-2011

It seems like the double golems have gotten a lot stronger damage-wise if you get them up top at the start. they absolutely murdered me even when i used smite and a potion with cloth start [noc 20% AttSpd, 12 ArPen, Armor Yellows]. That has never even come close to happening before. Also clearing the Green/Black buffs top early has become extremely difficult since the other camps give less xp it seems. You say they don't though in the OP... i don't have all the facts just going off my first impressions.

The wriggles nerf was likely needed for this map, however i think a very sloppy job was done of the overall jungle rework and I doubt it was even needed for this map. The sad thing is riot may just not give a sht and completely ignore the fact that they bombed the 3v3 jungle... ya know, since it's TT.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

I use Warwick as a kind of controlled test for jungling. I ended up taking more damage than usual on double golems, but it wasn't the actual golem damage it was the reduced healing from the potions. The exp and gold is definitely the same for everything except small wraiths.

Kritzkrieg00

11-29-2011

I've read in other places that the damage done by dragon has been increased, along with damage done by multiple other camps. I wasn't so sure because I remember dragon hitting like a truck before anyways. Have respawn timers and damage been altered for the treeline?

Captain Kopp

11-29-2011

Timers appear to be the same. Have whoever said there's damage buffs post the source because I don't notice any damage changes

Z Dragula Z

11-29-2011

nvm reread and found what i needed

infinite azure

11-29-2011

If anything damage should've been reduced at least on the small wraiths if they share the code with the SR wraiths.

Valkyrie17

11-29-2011

I think its the HP pots nerf which seems like you are coming out with less HP. That nerf really hurts.

Ghonosyph

11-29-2011

They flat out screwed SR, didnt give us a freaking bone either... gold nerfs. .... thats it... raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage... wish we could get some friggin TT love from the devs even a balancing sweep would be nice (

Killfear

11-29-2011

crossing fingers riot comes by sometime this year and chooses to care.