Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I said Fizz was the worst abomination to date..... I was wrong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Failthias

11-29-2011

You know I haven't really seen many Volibears in action but this is the first legitmate champ that I think might have a kit that is just a little too strong, maybe even OP. I hate using the term but he has the best of many champions rolled into one kit and does the job better than all of those champs (by just looking at the kit). I don't know though maybe it's just too early. When I did see his kit though I immediately shuttered with fear when I though about how people would be with him when they got good with him and figured out optimal builds.

I guess we have to keep our eyes on him and see. To tell the truth though he might get adjusted if he pans out to be as strong as I think he is. Kit is just a little TOO good.

Memorylame

11-29-2011

I haven't liked a recent release since Riven...

dxfirty

11-29-2011

guys? hey guys? um g-guys remember try-try-tryndamere?

Dethbysnusnu1

11-29-2011

Quote:
Opreich:
Season 1 release = Release Xin Zhao

Season 2 release = Release Volibear.

Respect the Tradition.

word

Dragonk

11-29-2011

Just depressing, how low can you possibly go? I really respected Riot as a company, I really loved this game.

I want to know how much money Riot made off Volibear.

MasterfulWizard

11-29-2011

Quote:
dx30:
guys? hey guys? um g-guys remember try-try-tryndamere?

the liar that never fixed the Pantheon fiasco or the champ?

FDru

11-29-2011

Quote:
Dragonk:
Chosen of the Storm- His passive is an ultimate, a very powerful ultimate. Mundo's to be specific, except its better and heals over 6 seconds instead of 12.

Mundo's heals for twice as much on 1/3rd the cooldown and is controllable.

Quote:
Rolling Thunder- Something that is absolutely unbelievable to me.... Take Singed's Fling (the most powerful position control abilities in the game) and turn it into a gap closer.... That's not broken in every way conceivable.

It's pretty much fling, yeah. But instead of doing massive damage it does almost none. It sure as hell better have something useful added onto it.

Quote:
Frenzy- Take Shen's passive, increase the damage to 1000, and make it an execute that's better than Garen's Demacian Judgement. I'm not even going to go into the free attack speed on it. Real cool, this guy already has 2+ ultimates ....

Demacian Justice is ranged and deals significantly more damage, it also hits high HP targets much harder.

Quote:
Majestic Roar- A seemingly silent roar with tiny sparks that's an AoE damage/slow. Real original. Oh and it detects clones and let's him dive minions.

Tempest is better in almost every way, so this is really not worth complaining about.

Quote:
Thunder Claws- What I can only call Ricochet on mass steroids.... Honestly it's quite funny that you would remake Sivir and then put this into the game.

Ultimates that do nothing but damage tend to do a lot of it. Weird.

Quote:
Unless there are some serious changes (It's not going to happen). I'll be leaving indefinitely for DotA 2

Nobody likes you anyway, so cya.

Doriantv

11-29-2011

Quote:
FDru:
Mundo's heals for twice as much on 1/3rd the cooldown and is controllable.

It's pretty much fling, yeah. But instead of doing massive damage it does almost none. It sure as hell better have something useful added onto it.

Demacian Justice is ranged and deals significantly more damage, it also hits high HP targets much harder.

Tempest is better in almost every way, so this is really not worth complaining about.

Ultimates that do nothing but damage tend to do a lot of it. Weird.

Nobody likes you anyway, so cya.

I bet you could make any champion sound balanced. It doesn't mean they are though.

FiLikeU

11-29-2011

The riot process for new champs:

* OP Champs when they came out, so they can get money
* Nerf after good sells
* New skins for the champ
* Repeat first....

Ecaflip

11-29-2011

Most broken champion to exist, insane steroids for 1v1 combat and aoe with insane innate survivability and disruption to due fling, execute and slow. Broken.