Post Patch Patcher Problems [4P]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero Organics

05-24-2012

Didn't realize this thread was kept active so i posted in another thread someone else made. I've tried reinstalling, repairing, making sure it was allowed through the firewall, deactivating the peer 2 peer option as well and deleting the patcher update files

BabyGodZ

05-24-2012

i've done all this but it doesn't work

Yerhn

05-24-2012

Quote:
I get Update Failed, Error Code 0xc1e90006
1. You don't have enough hard drive space available on your install drive or in your temporary internet files drive, this is blocking the full patch from downloading in order to install
In this case you'd need to make room on your hard drive.

2. Your internet connection is having issues and is unable to completely download the patch which then errors out when it tries to install.
In this case you'll need to get a stable internet connection that can fully download the patch.

3. You have a damaged patch update that needs to be replaced.
In this case go to, (INSTALL PATH)\RADS\downloads\releases\live\projects\lol_ga me_cl ient\releases\ and delete the folder with the highest number (the folder should have a fairly large .tmp file in it) then try repatching.

4. You have internet security software that's interfering with the patch process. This could be an anti-virus/anti-spyware program, software firewall, or child-safety programs like Safe Eyes.
You'll need to disable the intefering program or make an exception for League or the specific file getting stuck in the safety filter.

Patcher Stuck at 33% / 99%, Other general solutions

Often times a patches will sometimes take longer than expected to unpack, this will sometimes display as a patcher "stuck" on 99% or a different file or level even when the patcher is still working. Please make sure you've giving the patcher ample time to complete before deciding it's frozen. Other potential solutions to this issue include:

1. Completely restart your computer and try patching again, make sure you've given the patcher a reasonable amount of time as sometimes it will appear "stuck" at a certain percentage even though it's working.

2. Run League of Legends in Administrator Mode. this game--as well as others--require certain permissions to run correctly. Normally, the default permissions work just fine. However sometimes when a new update from Windows or your internet security software is applied; certain default settings may be reconfigured to cover any security holes that may have been present in the previous build. This may also inadvertently hinder the client from checking all of its files--33% is about when the patcher rechecks all the client files.

3. Power cycle your router and modem. If your internet connection is having intermittent issues it can improperly "filter" off the traffic from the patcher. Normally, this will be some settings on the PC side and restarting your PC will fix it right up. Sometimes, this issue is on the router/modem side which means even after restarting your PC, the same problem occurs. Power cycling your router and modem means you unplug both devices from their power source, wait about 5 minutes, plug in your modem, wait for the lights to all light up properly, plug in your router, wait for all the lights to all light up properly, and you're on your way again. You may want to restart your PC after taking these steps.

4. Turn off Peer-to-Peer: You can do this by going to the Settings menu in the patcher and uncheck Peer-to-Peer. The reasoning behind this is if your network or ISP specifically filters P2P traffic, it may inhibit the patcher from getting the latest patch. You may want to run the Repair feature afterwards.

5. Make sure that lol.launcher.exe is listed as an exception in your firewall, incomplete downloads or blocked downloads can cause the patcher to get stuck on certain files.

6. Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus software, especially for anti-virus software, after a patch it may no longer recognize your old LoL executables as safe (this is doubly true for non-mainstream (not Norton/McAfee) antivirus software).

7. Click on the two gears in the upper right of the patcher window and try the repair option.

8. Close your game completely then go to your Riot Games install folder -> Navigate to the RADS Folder -> Inside the RADS Folder go to the Solutions Folder -> Inside the Solutions Folder delete the content and then attempt to repatch.

Patchers with with this error or either of the error messages above are sometimes caused by corrupted download files. If this is the case you can try:

1. Reinstalling LoL, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends - it can be a pain, but it should work right away. If you want a faster solution try,
2. Deleting your patch temp files. Located in YOURINSTALLPATH\RADS\downloads\releases\live\proje cts\lol_game_cl ient\releases - delete the numbered folder inside and try repatching.
I've now tried all these suggested steps with none of them working for me, still getting the Error Code 0xc1e90006. Sometimes the RAD/downloads/ file directory is empty. If not, I follow step 3 and it still doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling and repairing multiple times and disabling anti-virus programs. I know my internet connection is stable and I have 100+GB of space on my hard drive left. I would really appreciate some help. Here are my logs.

LuminaLord

Recruiter

05-25-2012

for whoever find thier downloads folder empty
I searched and found the downloaded files in this folders:

[your drive]:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client

go to each folder, cut the folders with numbers 95 , 96 and 97 ( if it wasnt any 96 its not important, )

cut these folders somewhere for more securty , so you sure you dont mess with your game
then redownload the patch

I dont know if it works for everyone but I tried it and it was fine for me.

Valar Morghules

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyLag View Post
Everyone who NOW has a problem logging in read this. STOP LEAVING YOUR LAUNCHERS OPEN DURING MAINENTANCE/PATCHING
What do you mean leaving it open during mainentance/patching?

PinkTurtl

06-22-2012

Fixing Post Patch Patcher Problems

Contrary to popular belief, a lot of the most common issues that come up after a patch are not a result of "Bad Patches" or issues with Riot servers. Here's a quick guide to fixing the most common Post Patch Patcher Problems.

Client version 1.##.##.## / 1.##.##.##_##_##_## is rejected by the server

This most often occurs when a user client has been left open while the servers are down. Open clients are not always able to patch properly and can cause incomplete patch downloads. The easiest way to prevent this is to make sure your League of Legends is completely closed down before and during a patch day.

If this happens the best way to fix this issue is:
1. Close any instances of PVP.net or the LoL launcher
2. Try running the game as an administrator, click on the lol.admin executable, or right click and select "Run As" "Administrator"
2. After the patch process finishes, hit the button with 2 gears in the upper right corner of your patcher and complete the repair process.
4. If that did not work, close your launcher and Delete lol_air_client and lol_launcher from (default path) C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects
5. Uninstall Pando Media Booster
6. Make sure you're up to date on your Windows Updates, http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Although less common with this specific error, this problem can also be caused by bad DNS updating, if that's the case, please see the fixes in the next section below.

Client Server Mismatch / Client version 1.0.0.### server version 1.0.0.### (+1)

This error is most often caused by poor ISP DNS updates. This seems to happen more often in AUS/NZ (especially Telstra, not sure why), countries with restrictive internet (Middle East, China) and a few various other places.

In most of these locations, DNS updates will be instituted with 1-2 weeks. Please note that Riot has no control over these updates. Other, faster methods of repairing this issue include:

Try switching to a public DNS using this guide:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...ic-dns-servers

An easy way to verify if your DNS is at fault is type the following command at the command prompt:
nslookup l3cdn.riotgames.com

It should come back with something like this:
Name: a1158.g.akamai.net
Addresses: 207.109.73.43
Aliases: l3cdn.riotgames.com
akacdn.riotgames.com.edgesuite.net

OR

Hotspotshield also seems to work for these ISP based issues, from our other threads on this:

To use HSS,

1. Turn it on and activate
2. Open launcher, it may patch if it's the first time you've run it with Hotspot on
3. After clicking play and BEFORE ENTERING USERNAME+PASSWORD turn off Hotspot Shield
4. Enter your details and log in.

NOTE: Please test all fixes in a custom game or tutorial in order to avoid getting banned by LeaverBuster.

Game Won't Start After I Hit Play

1. Try running as an admin by right clicking on the executable and selecting "Run As" and "Administrator"

2a. Delete everything inside the your RADS downloads folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads) AND
2b. Delete everything inside your RADS solutions folder ( Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions)
2c. Restart your computer and repatch

3a. Delete the lol_air_client folder in your RADS projects folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) AND
3b. Delete the lol_air_client_config_na folder in your RADS projects folder.
3c. Restart your computer and repatch

4. Try Reinstalling - http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

I get Update Failed, Error Code 0xc1e90006
1. You don't have enough hard drive space available on your install drive or in your temporary internet files drive, this is blocking the full patch from downloading in order to install
In this case you'd need to make room on your hard drive.

2. Your internet connection is having issues and is unable to completely download the patch which then errors out when it tries to install.
In this case you'll need to get a stable internet connection that can fully download the patch. You may also want to try plugging directly into your cable/dsl modem.

3. You have a damaged patch update that needs to be replaced.
In this case go to, (INSTALL PATH)\RADS\downloads\releases\live\projects\lol_ga me_cl ient\releases\ and delete the folder with the highest number (the folder should have a fairly large .tmp file in it) then try repatching.

4. You have internet security software that's interfering with the patch process. This could be an anti-virus/anti-spyware program, software firewall, or child-safety programs like Safe Eyes.
You'll need to disable the intefering program or make an exception for League or the specific file getting stuck in the safety filter.

Patcher Stuck at 33% / 99%, Other general solutions

Often times a patches will sometimes take longer than expected to unpack, this will sometimes display as a patcher "stuck" on 99% or a different file or level even when the patcher is still working. Please make sure you've giving the patcher ample time to complete before deciding it's frozen. Other potential solutions to this issue include:

1. Completely restart your computer and try patching again, make sure you've given the patcher a reasonable amount of time as sometimes it will appear "stuck" at a certain percentage even though it's working.

2. Run League of Legends in Administrator Mode. this game--as well as others--require certain permissions to run correctly. Normally, the default permissions work just fine. However sometimes when a new update from Windows or your internet security software is applied; certain default settings may be reconfigured to cover any security holes that may have been present in the previous build. This may also inadvertently hinder the client from checking all of its files--33% is about when the patcher rechecks all the client files.

3. Power cycle your router and modem. If your internet connection is having intermittent issues it can improperly "filter" off the traffic from the patcher. Normally, this will be some settings on the PC side and restarting your PC will fix it right up. Sometimes, this issue is on the router/modem side which means even after restarting your PC, the same problem occurs. Power cycling your router and modem means you unplug both devices from their power source, wait about 5 minutes, plug in your modem, wait for the lights to all light up properly, plug in your router, wait for all the lights to all light up properly, and you're on your way again. You may want to restart your PC after taking these steps.

4. Turn off Peer-to-Peer: You can do this by going to the Settings menu in the patcher and uncheck Peer-to-Peer. The reasoning behind this is if your network or ISP specifically filters P2P traffic, it may inhibit the patcher from getting the latest patch. You may want to run the Repair feature afterwards.

5. Make sure that lol.launcher.exe is listed as an exception in your firewall, incomplete downloads or blocked downloads can cause the patcher to get stuck on certain files.

6. Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus software, especially for anti-virus software, after a patch it may no longer recognize your old LoL executables as safe (this is doubly true for non-mainstream (not Norton/McAfee) antivirus software).

7. Click on the two gears in the upper right of the patcher window and try the repair option.

8. Close your game completely then go to your Riot Games install folder -> Navigate to the RADS Folder -> Inside the RADS Folder go to the Solutions Folder -> Inside the Solutions Folder delete the content and then attempt to repatch.

9. Close your game completely then go to your Riot Games install folder -> Navigate to the RADS Folder -> Inside the RADS Folder go to the Projects Folder -> Inside the Projects Folder delete the LoL_Launcher folder and then attempt to repatch.

Patchers with with this error or some of the error messages above are sometimes caused by corrupted download files. If this is the case you can try:

1. Reinstalling LoL, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends - it can be a pain, but it should work right away. If you want a faster solution try,
2. Deleting your patch temp files. Located in YOURINSTALLPATH\RADS\downloads\releases\live\proje cts\lol_game_cl ient\releases - delete the numbered folder inside and try repatching.

As always, if you feel like your issue isn't covered here or you need more help, please feel free to post a thread in the forums or submit a ticket directly to Riot Support Staff at http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new - and include/attach your RADS patcher logs.

Voday

06-27-2012

I would like to thank all the wrenchmen for putting up these helpful links for me. You guys saved me a ton of trouble. Thank you very much =)

CJH316

07-12-2012

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH.

*inserts hug*

B3nj

07-14-2012

When I open the client, it starts patching but (Yes, there is abut ), when it gets to the point when it would usually move onto step 2, it just remains at: Step 1/2: 99% Complete, "X' ammount of time left. But then it just restarts all over again and never moves onto the second step of patching! Please help Cheers.

alphadragonethan

07-16-2012

f i havent played in like 2 weeks help me!!!!! ()()
(*_*)
(uu)