In-game disconnect/shutting off my internet.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5ish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2013

Can someone please explain to me why my internet shuts off ONLY when I play League of Legends? This resulted in a week ban on my account because my issue has not been resolved. I've worked with the technicians in AT&T (I know, ew) to help resolve my internet problems and at this point, nothing could be wrong on my internet provider's side. The lines are repaired, my modem is top-notch brand-spanking new and it makes no sense that the internet is stable ALL day up until I decide to play a game.

The support ticket wasn't much help either, after I provided them any information I can.
Any other explanation for this internet-shut-off that's exclusive to trying to play a damn game?
This is getting ridiculous. I've done almost every method of troubleshooting and I still have the same problem. Anyone else on AT&T (or not) having this issue?

EDIT

My account was unbanned on 10/3 and after deleting the mastery files saved on my computer (as suggested by the support ticket), I still have the account-specific disconnect/internet shut down). I've been playing on an alternate account to tide me over during these long bans and I've had zero problems. Now my account is banned for another seven days, and this will be the third time and will be lifted on 10/12. Am I seriously the only person going through this suspicious predicament?

Poro Support

09-19-2013

Is your connection dropping or is your modem shutting off? It could be a power channel setting if it is the latter. That your modem is trying to push out something that it can not.

5ish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvaska View Post
Is your connection dropping or is your modem shutting off? It could be a power channel setting if it is the latter. That your modem is trying to push out something that it can not.
It's my connection dropping. I look at the modem and the service lights are on. The internet connection icon on my taskbar also suggests that I'm connected but then I open a browser and it doesn't connect. Every now and then, during the time of the shut down, the connection icon shuts on or off but regardless if it's 'on', it really isn't connected.

Poro Support

09-19-2013

Okay and can you list everything you and technicians have tried to do to resolve the problem (to the best of your knowledge) - just so I can eliminate having you do a bunch of useless things.

Also what is your up/down? (Or rather what are you supposed to be getting?)

5ish

09-19-2013

Out of the 7 technicians that came by (no, literally seven, I swear), I've had my modem replaced twice with the same model (just brand new but it is the latest model AT&T is using). I've had lines replaced with new ones, in the home and outside of the home. I had the lineman climb up that stupid pole to see what was wrong and he replaced those wires correctly as well. I had the WAP removed completely from my services since supposedly it was interfering with LoL's connections (which I believe to be bs by now). And that's just about it, I believe.

And here is the current up/down info: http://puu.sh/4vjlT/7fe54efb31.png

5ish

09-19-2013

There's literally no way I can test whether or not my internet is fine without trying to play a game and risk getting disconnected and being branded a leaver because my internet ONLY shuts off when I'm in game. It's a double-edged sword for me and it's a load of ****.

Poro Support

09-19-2013

Okay and have you uninstalled Pando Media Booster and do you have all your important Windows Updates? I know this seems stupid just want to rule out everything.

Poro Support

09-19-2013

Also - always try custom games vs bots first.

5ish

09-19-2013

My Windows is up to date and I have uninstalled Pando Media and disabled P2P on the client (it was one of the suggested troubleshooting methods the support ticket person gave me).

5ish

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvaska View Post
Also - always try custom games vs bots first.
I have, and I can go hours upon hours playing these custom games and I won't disconnect but as soon as I play a real game, or even ARAM, anything which involves other people, I disconnect.

12345 ... 6