Need help as Riven in T.T

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfMadness

11-29-2011

I could use some help with her. I mainly play Irelia but decided to pick up Riven and I love her style, but I'm just having a hard time with her on TT. I normally build damage with some armor and resis but i really hate building her tanky and would like to stay away from it if possible. I run with a team and i just feel like I'm not pulling my weight unless fed or late game. Suggestions?

Boo

11-29-2011

she's a good champion on TT, but she isn't someone you can just pick up and expect good scores with. as much as you hate building tanky, it's a must on TT because the damage you deal is mostly up close.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

hmm.. start top lane i would say, as she can easily take out most champions 1v1 early. then also, I suggest wriggles if u r not so solid with her yet, but if u r rush the brutalizer as ur first item. then the blood thirster. but if u need quick defense I suggest: aegis, guardian angel, frozen mallet. those are for general defense and of course FoN or QSS for hard AP and THornmail for Hard AD.

DreamsOfMadness

11-29-2011

thanks for the info. It looks like I'll have to start buidling tanky then. I agree though she defiantly isn't a champ you can pick up and pub stomp with!

MSDOS

11-29-2011

riven is meant to be played tank, just the same as irelia lol well thats how i play those heroes. Its better for heroes like that to go to tanky dps because they can take hits while doing damage, like j4 and xin. You can play as a glass cannon but i wouldnt recomended it because your survivabilty will be really low and you get 1 shotted by sion Q and W LOL

DreamsOfMadness

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feza D Yudoracil View Post
hmm.. start top lane i would say, as she can easily take out most champions 1v1 early. then also, I suggest wriggles if u r not so solid with her yet, but if u r rush the brutalizer as ur first item. then the blood thirster. but if u need quick defense I suggest: aegis, guardian angel, frozen mallet. those are for general defense and of course FoN or QSS for hard AP and THornmail for Hard AD.
I've ran top lane with her and have done fairly well. Only major problem I had was against a tyr with crit runes and an ad scion that was fed bot lane early on. I normay build wriggles I love it with her giving me some nice stats and mainly the life steal. I also pick up frozen mallet for the slow and extra hp. Would you guys dorans shield or blade would best starting out?

Boo

11-29-2011

dorans shield is pretty bad on TT because with cloth 5 you get a way better laning phase and it builds into the godlike wriggles, so it doesn't waste a slot like dorans shield usually would. however, some champions like kennen could take dorans shield since he doesn't get wriggles.

i think dorans blade is a solid item. really nothing to say about it except it stacks well, and gives you a more aggressive laning phase at the risk of getting zoned out if you lose too much health.

SoTHaVoK

11-29-2011

I dont play riven but one thing u can do that will make you 2x as good would
Be auto attacking then activation 1 part of your Q and repeating also
Brutalizer is usually what i seen rush

DreamsOfMadness

11-29-2011

I'll try that cloth and 5 pots next time I get a chance to play. It sounds like it would make good common since. I usually start with the blade but I have a problem in prolonged battles starting out without those extra pots. Haven't tried rushing a brutalizer I'll have to try that out as well after I get my wriggles.

DreamsOfMadness

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTHaVoK View Post
I dont play riven but one thing u can do that will make you 2x as good would
Be auto attacking then activation 1 part of your Q and repeating also
Brutalizer is usually what i seen rush
I've gotten fairly good at using Rivens passive It takes some getting used to as well. Going from Irelia to Riven is harder as well I'm used to Irelias built in sustainability and longer stun. Though I like Rivens ult alot more then Irelias!