Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To: People who whine and complain about...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coalthair

07-03-2010

i play as yi and kill pantheon each game i think i sorta cheat tho xD

before i approach him i wait for him to use his HSS on minions then i yi him. early game to late game doesnt matter i always win dang cooldowns but hey what ya gonna do

i know its yi but i think it can apply to many other champions as well xD

i play as panth sometimes to go in to battle pantsless....oh yes

Goochy Goo

07-03-2010

Quote:
Coalthair:

before i approach him i wait for him to use his HSS on minions then i yi him. early game to late game doesnt matter i always win dang cooldowns but hey what ya gonna do

i know its yi but i think it can apply to many other champions as well xD

Well, even though this thread has kinda bit me in the ass, I'd like to throw my two cents in here...
The panth used HSS on minions, unless you're 100% sure you're safe, you shouldn't do that.

I Kenshiro I

07-03-2010

Shutdown Panth (in the lane)?
Not on Tarics watch.

Coalthair

07-03-2010

Quote:
BigBlueMonkey:
Well, even though this thread has kinda bit me in the ass, I'd like to throw my two cents in here...
The panth used HSS on minions, unless you're 100% sure you're safe, you shouldn't do that.

oh yea i forgot to mention the encounters were sorta one on one since he pushed alone lol good point

by alone i mean panth at top rest of team at bot :O

Gurglingemu

07-03-2010

Quote:
Coalthair:

You "yi" him? Sorry, but I really could not decipher what you are saying.

That said, if you play Yi each game....

There was a time when I believed I was really good at this game because I could stomp Low ELO pubs with Yi. Not so much anymore.

Coalthair

07-03-2010

Quote:
Gurglingemu:
You "yi" him? Sorry, but I really could not decipher what you are saying.

That said, if you play Yi each game....

xD i know what your thinking xDDD i meant use my ultimate on him btw lol

and i personally like samurai characters (in other words extremely fast attack and speed with a sword)

no other samurai so i gotta deal with yi until a samurai gets here of some sort and yea im low elo im glad i am tho xD

but but its funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
inb4coal u nubgtfo

Project Voodoo

07-03-2010

Quote:
Ceazy:

2. (To sheep mentality dude)Yellows wouldn't be yellows if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Not all of yellows know what they are talking about. Many of them disagree with "gamebreakingly" overpowered. As it stands now they are just a microscopic representation of general community with a bigger percentage of great players. But, once again not all of them. It was funny when people looked at oDonnels profile and saw why he "couldn't escape Pantheon". He didn't upgrade boots. Top player, eh?

To sum it up, there are plenty of good yellow players, but some of them were carried up there by their friends. Which ODonell proves over and over again in his thread.

Lazy Jake

07-03-2010

besides the fact that pan gets better stats per lvl than tanks. he is also the only champ that has a stun that puts him right next to you that is not a skill shot(so he can stun you when your behind creeps) also a passive that lets him crit you when your under 15% hp. On top of that a ult that and put him anywhere on the map in about 3 sec and does mass dmg to any champ or creep in the landing zone. Lets not forget only hero that can do 5 attks that will hit everything in front of him. Also with both his passive where he will block the next attk on him and the passive of always crit when under 15% hp makes it so he can tower dive and use Spear shot on you without even getting hurt.

@Azarhac, I seen almost every pan i play with that is smart will buy a frozen malet and end up with about 2.1k hp and a slow after he hits you everytime with that stun where hes right next to you cant even get away with clense if you dont also have a stun

Not saying pans skills need a change but stats are for sure.

The Feelingless

07-03-2010

Quote:
Andromansis:
Pantheon : X Health 420 (+85 / per level)
Malphite : X Health 423 (+82 / per level)
Rammus: X Health 420 (+86 / per level)

Pantheon: X Armor 16.2 (+3.9 / per level)
Malphite: X Armor 13 (+3.75 / per level)
rammus: X Armor 21 (+3.8 / per level)

pantheon :X Magic Resist 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Malphite: X Magic Resist 30 (+0 / per level)
Rammus: X Magic Resist 30 (+0 / per level)

Thanks for your input. Now they'll be buffing tanks.
perfectly reasonable stats

CnB84

07-03-2010

Quote:
Andromansis:
Pantheon : X Health 420 (+85 / per level)
Malphite : X Health 423 (+82 / per level)
Rammus: X Health 420 (+86 / per level)

Pantheon: X Armor 16.2 (+3.9 / per level)
Malphite: X Armor 13 (+3.75 / per level)
rammus: X Armor 21 (+3.8 / per level)

pantheon :X Magic Resist 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Malphite: X Magic Resist 30 (+0 / per level)
Rammus: X Magic Resist 30 (+0 / per level)

Thanks for your input. Now they'll be buffing tanks.

He also has a high base move speed at 330. He's alot faster than most champs.

Put into caster terms, Heartseeker at level 5 is a 180 AOE Damage, 2 second channeling nuke with a .8 AP ratio. And he has around 60 "AP" at the start of the game. He gains 3 "AP' every time he levels up. He also has a 70 damage single target nuke that has a 1.6 ap ratio.

Now let's say he's at level 5. He's put 3 points into heartseeker and 1 point each into aegis and spear. Heartseeker will deal, assuming he only has the basic stats with no extra damage from items, 384 damage. Spear will deal 96 damage. And Aegis will deal 50 damage. His combo deals over 500 damage without any items or elixirs in play.

Now let's compare that to another burst champ.

Anivia at level 5 with two points in flash frost and 3 points in frost bite can deal 350...what? Heartseeker alone deals more damage than Anivia's entire combo? Well, okay, maybe Annie will do better.

3 points in distengrate and 2 points in incernate and we have...315 damage?

Ryze!

2 points in Prison, and 3 points Spell Flux. We'll even allow Spell Flux to deal bounce 3 times. So that's 120 and 345...465 damage.

Well, at least someone can match Pantheon for burst potentional, but wait, there's more!

At level 5, most champions will have less than 35 armor, which is the maximum amount of armor penetration one can have from their runes and masteries. Meaning that Pantheon is going to be dealing pure damage against pretty much everyone at the start of a match. Anivia, Annie, and Ryze meanwhile can get around 20 penetration, assuming they wish to use and a 15% mastery. Suffice to say, everyone at the start of the game has 30 magic resist, some gain a little bit as they level up, many get the MR defense masteries, and I know that I personally use the MR glyphs.

What's more, Mercury Treads are a very popular set. Much more so than Ninja Tabi, which is situational at best.

To say that pretty much everyone is predisposed to tanking magic damage early game is pretty much a given.

So, we have Pantheon dealing one of the, if not THE highest burst damage early game, he has superior penetration options compared to what most other bursters have, and most champions have poor starting armor, so it's unlikely that he's going to be doing less than pure damage to anyone.

What's more, there are three other points to be made;

1.) Pantheon's stun grants him protection from one auto attack. That's quite huge early game.

2.) Pantheon's nukes also scale with autoattacks. Meaning that along with his nukes, he has superior autoattacks to casters since he's sporting armor penetration.

And 3.) Pantheon has really high base movement speed. It's simple for him to chase most champions and lay into them with his auto attacks.

Now, there's a few other things as well, such as how good Fort elixitr is compared to Brillance is on bursters, especially early on in a game, but I think I've made my point.

In summary; Pantheon deals more damage than most anyone else in the early game with his abilities. He has superior penetration that also modifies his autoattack. He has superior movement. He has a passive that allows him to take a couple extra hits. His base stats are comparable to melee dps and not casters. Meaning that he has follow through after performing his burst.