Things Riot can do to add variety to the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeeHarris

07-02-2010

Here are a couple of recommendations for Riot. Just to be clear, I am making references to other MOBA games but I think LoL is the best. Just because it's the best doesn't mean it can't be better . I hope someone pays some attention.

- Make more interesting champs. We don't need another character like Olaf who's moves are basic stat boosts. How about a champion with a real pet? Like Wildsoul or Warbeast from HoN. How about some support characters who aren't so bland? Look at Ophelia from HoN. She can teleport characters, do a map-wide heal, control NPCs, and slow. Way more interesting than a character like Soraka.

- Create some new items that aren't just stat boosters. Most of the recent items are just +AP, +SpellVamp, etc. How about an item that allows you to take control of a minion? How about something that creates a physical barrier like Anivia's wall of ice?

- Add new unique sections to new maps. For example, if the map is desert themed, make an area where players run slower and an area where you cannot stand still or you will sink into the ground. Maybe add a map where the center of the map has only two entrance points to set up for unique ganks and escapes.

Here are some ideas that are quite a bit different from the current LoL metagame.

- Add a new PvP-focused game mode. I have a feeling that Bloodline Champions may steal a lot of LoL players on release because it is essentially MOBA without the minions/laning/items. It's just straight up PvP. Maybe a set of 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 maps that have no minions and award gold purely for player kills. Completely remove the laning phase and go directly to gank phase. Increase the time spent dead at a quicker rate and games will only last 10-15 minutes instead of 45-60.

- Add a "Rush" style mode. One team has to work their way down a long map destroying each Nexus and the defending team is only trying to prevent them from doing so in the alloted time period. If they clear the map, offense team wins. If they don't within the time period, defense team wins.