why havent we seen energy giving items?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IEatU

07-02-2010

its cool to have those new runes and all, but can we have some +energy items in game?
i mean im not asking for +400 but a little would be nice... like an item that gives hp and energy would be good for all ninjas.... etc...

Xetvenen

07-02-2010

I play one of the ninjas and I disapprove...any item that gave more energy would broken as hell...

Isayama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Just got to be careful how they do the items, balance with them could be difficult, energy is all that hinders them late game.

Amarth

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
I play one of the ninjas and I disapprove...any item that gave more energy would broken as hell...
Hes right, mainly its due to balance issues. Runes are more interesting because you are sacrificing other things but items are harder to balance for.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

07-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We did experiment with them internally, but they are tough to balance and weren't very well received. It's possible it could happen in the future, but I don't think it's a priority.

Xetvenen

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness77 View Post
energy is all that hinders them late game.

Except for Akali, her energy doesn't hinder her at all...and if it does, you're doing something wrong

I <3 Akali

Also: still wanting that Nurse Akali skin...